What's new

The two pass shave.

Today I switched it up a bit from my usual 3 pass (WTG XTG ATG) shave and skipped the XTG pass. Why have I never done this before?!?

The XTG pass is the most awkward for me and if I am going to nick myself it's always in the XTG pass. The WTG/ATG shave today was quicker (duh), damn near as close and very enjoyable. I'll definitely be doing this again to see if its just a one off.

Just thought I'd share...

thanks,
imcndn

Nothing wrong with that. You may feel stubble a little earlier than usual, but that's no big deal. Enjoyment is the name of the game!

I hadn't thought of that. I usually feel stubble within a few hours anyway so I don't think it will make too much of a difference for me.

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with that. You may feel stubble a little earlier than usual, but that's no big deal. Enjoyment is the name of the game!

My beard grows in so many directions that the only way I can get a good shave is with a four pass shave.

I'm with you. I do two passes. WTG, ATG, then some touch-ups and done. Gives me BBS on most flat surfaces and DFS everywhere else.

Very satisfying.

I've been doing 1 and 2 pass shaves lately due to time. The bonus is that no one really notices and I get to shave more often!

I've always done 2-pass shaves: (1) WTG and (2) XTG/ATG. With injectors and disposables with canned goo, and carts with marginal brush and soap, and...

The quality of the shaves has improved markedly due to lather quality (good brush, good soap, good technique).

I've been doing 1 and 2 pass shaves lately due to time. The bonus is that no one really notices and I get to shave more often!

I'm with you on that! I do WTG and XTG and only do ATG for touchups as I haven't figured out how to do ATG consistently on the neck and jaw. For some reason, having to shave everyday now doesn't seem like a burden...

Top Bottom