What's new

Semogue 1305 on its way

My new 1305 is currently on its way to my house! I'm looking forward to using this brush as everything I've seen online makes it seem like a great brush that doesn't break the bank - paid $19 for it on Amazon. It'll be my first legit brush sine starting this wet shaving journey earlier this month. The one I'm using now is one that came included with my starter kit from HTGAM. It's a boar brush don't even know the brand of it so I'm fully expecting the Semogue to be much better.

The 1305 was my favorite brush of all time, from about 20 that I have in my collection. I had to retire it about a year ago because after 4 years of faithful service, it began to get too floppy and didn't hold as much water as before.

Continue to alternate your first brush and the 1305, since it should have 48 hours drying time during break-in. No need to do anything special, just be patient and give it about 3 months until it reaches peak performance.

Love, love, love my 1305! Be patient, as it will take some time to properly break-in, but you'll be quite pleased with the outcome. I alternate my 1305 with a VDH black handle boar and $6 Stirling boar. The VDH and Stirling are actually nice brushes for the price.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Congrats! I actually have two -- one had a big paint chip so I bought a second one. I like my old chipped one more. :001_unsur

You'll love its performance even before it has fully broken in.

I just had a shave and used the 1305 for the first time and I'm impressed! Without doing anything to it before the shave, other than soaking it in warm water, it's already softer than my previous brush. It doesn't have that scratchy feeling to it either. I can't wait for it to break in and get better. The only thing I need to do right now is try to get rid of the funk, ha ha!

I luv my 1305, make sure you soak it in warm water for about ten minutes before loading your favourite soap/cream. It's a great brush.

I luv my 1305, make sure you soak it in warm water for about ten minutes before loading your favourite soap/cream. It's a great brush.
Careful...you should only be soaking the knot, not the handle. Soaking the whole brush is a recipe for chipped paint.

Top Bottom