What's new

Gillette Super Adjustable Disassembly

I went to eBay....NOS Gillette Super Adjustable, $5.99 BIN, free shipping!!!!!

:lol: I lightly scuffed the dulled/bare areas, primed them, touched them up and then applied an enamel clear coat.

Careful Cap, you're revealing all your secrets! That being said, I'm going to touch up the black handle of my SA this weekend!

That's an amazing result! I can't believe that's the same razor.
I'm totally sending you my next SA Cap'n!
I'll be ready!

holy crap Cap. that thing looks mint!
MINTY FRESH!
Wow, that's insane. I might have to send you my SA soon!
:lol: keep em coming!
Careful Cap, you're revealing all your secrets! That being said, I'm going to touch up the black handle of my SA this weekend!
It's okay, my sleeves are full:sneaky: When you do, post up some photos:thumbup:

Got some more Super Adjsutables in! Here we go! Before:
$100_3080.jpg$100_3079.jpg$100_3078.jpg
This SA has some obvious issues so we are going to take her apart and have a look:detective:

Disassembly was a little tricky on this one. The parts were all loose and the doors would not open so I had to do a little improvising but I got her opened up.
$100_3083.jpg$100_3082.jpg$100_3081.jpg

We'll if I win that one I have a bid on, I'm sure it'll be a contender... Not that I want to hold that title...
:laugh: I actually get a lot of joy out of cleaning them REALLY cruddy nasty ones and seeing how close to new I can make them. I recently finished a fatboy for Paul (tukyou), first production year to be exact, and it was very cruddy looking to begin with. Now it looks like you just took it off the assembly line from the 50's!

Got this one all cleaned, polished, and the aluminum parts tuned up. That indicator spring was a little tweaked in spots so I did my best to correct it without breaking it. As we all know, these indicator springs are very delicate so major bends usually result in a break. She clicks though! Here are the parts:
$100_3138.jpg$100_3139.jpg

Top Bottom