What's new

Gillette Super Adjustable Disassembly

Greetings everyone!

I humbly present yet another Gillette adjustable thread! This one will deal exclusively with the Black handle "super adjustable" For your viewing pleasure and reference, here is a quick video on the disassembly:
I want to give a special thanks to Teppanyaki and Chiefmate for their kindness and generosity. I wouldn't have started this thread without you fellas! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
yea the only thing i could think would be long nose needle nose pliers for that retaining cap....hope assembly goes well...

Jewelers needle nose pliers might do the trick for that collet. I am afraid to cut and paste the web site but they are called 5 Inch Long Reach Needle Nose Pliers Jeweler Hand Tool

Well, well, now that completes the circle. Need to watch that video at leisure, and with sound on, not at work.

Cap - thanks for linking this in the other threads.

Cap - very nicely done! It's weird seeing a razor being disassembled and realizing, "hey, that's my razor!"

From a replating perspective, am I correct in assuming that the thin nickel ring between the 2 black handle pieces doesn't completely disassemble off of the black anodized piece?

I'm also wondering if anyone is interested in following this as my eventual hope is to get the razor replated (gold! And black) and restored, as I don't know of a prior Black Beauty that has been replated/restored.

Thanks again, Cap!

I am also incredibly happy that you are able to keep track of all of those tiny parts. When I try things like this, I can never remember where each tiny piece goes or to get the darn thing to fit back together . . . :001_rolle

Cap - very nicely done! It's weird seeing a razor being disassembled and realizing, "hey, that's my razor!"

From a replating perspective, am I correct in assuming that the thin nickel ring between the 2 black handle pieces doesn't completely disassemble off of the black anodized piece?

I'm also wondering if anyone is interested in following this as my eventual hope is to get the razor replated (gold! And black) and restored, as I don't know of a prior Black Beauty that has been replated/restored.

Thanks again, Cap!
Don't mention it, Sir[emoji3]

Top Bottom