What's new

Best menthol AS?

Thats it...

what is your favorite menthol aftershave? I'd like to buy one to compliment the tube of proraso green I just started using.

I just got a sampler pack of Fine aftershaves which all have menthol in them and I'm liking them a lot. So far I've worn the L'Orange Noir and today I tried the American Blend. Great scents and I love the menthol cooling effect.

Have both vetivers from fine and Barbershop... Enjoyed. Not as much enjoyment from Orange nor. If you have a favorite non-menthol, could always add menthol powder to existing as

I was only kidding, but that was one of the first I got, and I still really like it. Great scent and face-feel. Something that's really fun, though, is to get some menthol crystals and jack up your own splashes. The crystals are cheap (just a few bucks per oz., and a little goes a long way). Cheap splashes work really well: Barbasol, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc. I got Barbasol Brisk (aka Brrrr-isk) and Pacific Rush for a few bucks at General Dollar. Holy face freeze, Batman!

Proraso and Aqua Velva I left alone because I like them just as they are. Probably my favorite of the bunch is Krampert's Frostbite. Very cold, lasts about 30 min, and a great earthy-forest smell from the frankincense. Others rave about Fine Snakebite and Osage Rub, but I have no experience with them.

Enjoy the chill. . .

The Brut equivalent that they have in dollar general its not the coldest but its cool and everyone likes cool.. I also like Brut altitude, from what I remember it was cold

I really enjoy many. Like Bill, the nod goes to Krampert's Frostbite. The most complex and frosty mentholated after shave in my den.

I would have said Aqua Velva a few months ago. Since then, I've found Floid Vigoroso! It is amazing! I can't get enough of it! Nice and cold and great face feel!

Too many great choices here!
AV! Floid blue!
Proraso, green also white balm!
Myrsols!
QCS!
Probably a few others I've failed to mention!

I just got a sampler pack of Fine aftershaves which all have menthol in them and I'm liking them a lot. So far I've worn the L'Orange Noir and today I tried the American Blend. Great scents and I love the menthol cooling effect.

+1 Fine American Blend is great. Nice clean barbershop scent and healthy menthol kick. Fine Snakebite is the menthol beast though.

There are so many to choose from that it is hard for me to make a true number 1 pick, but I have to say that Master Blue is one of my favorite mentholated aftershaves, maybe even my number 1 pick. It is highly underrated and it has a very strong face freeze, moisturizes really well and smells fantastic.

Three of my favorite menthol aftershaves are Proraso (Green), Floid Blue, and Alt-Innsbruck. The Floid Blue doesn't have quite the menthol kick as the other 2, but may be my favorite all-around AS. All 3 are outstanding and I'll never be without any of them.

Top Bottom