What's new

Best menthol AS?

I like Osage Rub but the scent doesn't linger long enough. I don't find the Proraso splash that cooling (I have some and like it after a Proraso cream or soap shave) but the pre/post balm seems to have more of a menthol effect.

Barbasol Pacific Rush. The smell is light and fresh, it's cheap as dirt and LOADED with menthol goodness.

I've got 2 tubes of 444 balm coming and I hear it has a massive menthol blast. Its good to mix it with a splash also.

Who has an opinion on it?

Fine Snakebite is the coldest I've found. Frostbite is also cold but I'm not sure that's all due to the menthol (could be wrong here...)
Anyway, the Snakebite is mostly all menthol and it burns off pretty quick so it won't affect any cologne you may want to wear.

I've got 2 tubes of 444 balm coming and I hear it has a massive menthol blast. Its good to mix it with a splash also.

Who has an opinion on it?

I would not consider 444 a massive menthol blast, smooth blast maybe, though YMMV. I find if I mix it with Alt Innsbruck, then I get a massive menthol blast. Splash your AS first to get that refreshing sting then with a pea size amount of 444 in your palm, add a drop or two of the AS, mix it together, and apply. I find the 444 to be too moisturizing and leaves too much residue if I use more than a pea size

Last edited:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
When I ran out of Proraso Green Splash (which I liked a LOT) I switched to Aqua Velva Ice Blue because it's available locally and no waiting for ground shipment. The plastic dispenser plug in Proraso is superior but the "finger over the opening" trick works just fine on Aqua Velva.

I would not consider 444 a massive menthol blast, smooth blast maybe, though YMMV. I find if I mix it with Alt Innsbruck, then I get a massive menthol blast. Splash your AS first to get that refreshing sting then with a pea size amount of 444 in your palm, add a drop or two of the AS, mix it together, and apply. I find the 444 to be too moisturizing and leaves too much residue if I use more than a pea size

My thoughts exactly.

Your right, it was a very smooth gentle cooling. Extremely rich to, so little is needed.
Although disappointed it has redeemed itself has a multi purpose product.

Gabel's

proxy.php

This is something I just found. It's a very nice menthol cooling aftershave lotion.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Benjamins Snowcol Cologne[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
$image.jpg

Top Bottom