What's new

dougie brush turning "day and knight" brush

I made this brush yesterday...

ready for sanding...

and polished before parting off, reversing and finishing the bottom...

the knot glued in...

the finished piece... to be used "day or knight"...

my thanks for looking in, dougie...

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
I've never worked with resin. Do you use standard tooling? Very sharp, I assume, and with light cuts? What is your sanding routine? Micromesh to finish?

I've never worked with resin. Do you use standard tooling? Very sharp, I assume, and with light cuts? What is your sanding routine? Micromesh to finish?

Mark - for polyester resins I use high lathe speeds 3000+ rpm's for turning with very sharp tools and use very light cuts..... Take your time.... getting too aggressive will probably result in a catch and a ruined blank not to mention it's not good to have sharp resin bits flying around the shop, Use all of your safety equipment,,,,,, a face shield is a must..... For sanding I go up to 1000 grit wet sanding @ 500 rpm's, then use a plastic polish to finish.... This is my method I'm sure there are more ways to skin this cat,,,, but...... for what it's worth this is mine.
PS. there are some good vids on the tube but you gotta fill in the blanks, they don't tell you everything.... good luck, doug.

Top Bottom