What's new

SOTD "Free Week" 29 Sept- 5 Oct 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
the double nickel
$15394178125_63e6c1aecb_z.jpg
5 will get you ten. 59 gets you 55. born 55 years ago today. shaved with a 1959 birth year Fatboy.

Won an ebay auction earlier today for a vintage Simpsons for Gimbel's 57. Wish it was a 59, but a 57 will suffice.

25 was good. 35 was better. 45 was better still. hoping for mo' betterer at the two five spots.

Other tools, accoutrements & emolients utilized today include: Jabonman Tierra Húmeda, Polisilver Super Iridium, Simpsons for Hoffritz 103 (which we know better as a butterscotched vintage Chubby), Fine Clean Vetiver. Never made it to the Capt'n Fawcett's to tame the ol' unruly whiskers (see below for just how unruly they can get).

That Chubby made my Tierra Húmeda behave better than it ever has before. My other Jabonman's have never been a problem, but I always got sudsy, runny, loose lather with Wet Earth before today. Suddenly, the Chubby made available the consistency I have been longing for until now. I'd be lying if I said my face was as smooth as my rump was 55 years ago, but it's as close as could be.

At 40, the old adage says, you get the face you deserve. At 55, methinks you learn to live with the one you got.
$15200218509_a0ac939f5c_z.jpg
Every day is a gift. Glad to wake up each morning. I'm happy to live with what I got.

the double nickel
Click here to view quoted image.
5 will get you ten. 59 gets you 55. born 55 years ago today. shaved with a 1959 birth year Fatboy.

Won an ebay auction earlier today for a vintage Simpsons for Gimbel's 57. Wish it was a 59, but a 57 will suffice.

25 was good. 35 was better. 45 was better still. hoping for mo' betterer at the two five spots.

Other tools, accoutrements & emolients utilized today include: Jabonman Tierra Húmeda, Polisilver Super Iridium, Simpsons for Hoffritz 103 (which we know better as a butterscotched vintage Chubby), Fine Clean Vetiver. Never made it to the Capt'n Fawcett's to tame the ol' unruly whiskers (see below for just how unruly they can get).

That Chubby made my Tierra Húmeda behave better than it ever has before. My other Jabonman's have never been a problem, but I always got sudsy, runny, loose lather with Wet Earth before today. Suddenly, the Chubby made available the consistency I have been longing for until now. I'd be lying if I said my face was as smooth as my rump was 55 years ago, but it's as close as could be.

At 40, the old adage says, you get the face you deserve. At 55, methinks you learn to live with the one you got.
Every day is a gift. Glad to wake up each morning. I'm happy to live with what I got.

wow! Happy birthday!
Nice car also!

Sarimento, thanks. The car is a 1984. 30 years old this year. I've owned for nearly half those years.

You should have seen the driveway yesterday. Mrs. had her 2002 Mini Cooper at the shop (don't ask ... somewhere north of $2000 in repairs).

They were kind enough to provide a loaner. And, whoa! what a loaner it was. Sadly, No. 24 had to be returned today. They took the nice red car and her money. Ouch! Such an embarrassment of riches in our driveway for a few days. This one was a Cooper S. Paddle shifters and a drop top. Mrs. liked the temp ride, but said she was happy to get her old one back. Can't say I agree.
$15386938595_b3e1782b2d_z.jpg

* Some more wonderful photos, gentlemen! :thumbup:

Monday

Horn bowl ¤ Mühle Silvertip ¤ Mühle R89 + Derby Extra
Proraso, Sandalwood ¤ Nivea Sensitive ASB ¤ T&H Sandalwood

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

http://www.shm.dk/shave/sotd/2014/09/29.jpg

Proraso Pre | Simpson Keyhole 2 | JM Fraser's Cream | Edwin Jagger | Floid Blue

Menthol Monday
Today I used a Wardonia Razor. The Gillette blade I used had to be modified to fit the three hole cap and base. Installing the blade took a bit of work to get the blade to sit evenly when tightening the razor. The cutting angle is a lot different than any of my other double edge razors. The angle is closer to 90 degrees. The shave was a really close, and I did achieve BBS with my normal 4 pass shave. Going across the grain on my neck was a bit of a challenge, with the cutting angle that needed to be used. All in all I was very pleased with the performance of the razor. I am not sure if I will keep this razor in rotation due to the extra work needed to modify blades to fit the razor.
Soap - Me & My Mom's Soap Company - Minty
Brush - Omega 10066 Boar Brush
Razor - Wardonia - Barrel Hole Razor
Blade - Gillette Platinum Blade - Vintage
After Care - Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
After Shave - Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

Monday - September 29

Pre: Hot Shower with B&BW Energy
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette SS Black Handle - 1953
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (d1)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
AS: Pinaud Clubman + Pinaud Talc
Music: Etta James Radio via Pandora

​*Picture taken on an old buggy wagon seat w iPhone 5

Weishi, Dorco, Bambino, Arko, AV Musk. This lil razor has really surprised me.

Old Spice Monday

Rubberset 150N finest badger
Old Spice Mug Soap
Astra SP
47 Milord
Vintage Shulton Old Spice

Razor: Fatboy Executive
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Omega
Soap: Australian Palmolive Shave Stick

Menthol Monday
SEptember 29, 2014​

Cooling Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash
Schick Injector L-1
Schick Blade
Whipped Dog Boar
Proraso Green
Alum Block
Menthol Witch Hazel
Proraso Aftershave Lotion

Click here to view quoted image. :thumbup1:

the double nickel

* Happy Birthday, once again, Rob! :thumbup:

Monday
Vulfix No.374 Super Badger
Proraso Green Shave Soap
Feather Hi-Stainless Blade
1965 Gillette Tech
Clubman by Pinaud
$2.jpg
Happy Monday Gents

the double nickel

Happy Birthday Good Sir! :thumbup1:

Tuesday Morning Shave

Razor: Ali's Blade Chopper 65 8/8 stainless
Strop: Kanayama #80000
Brush: Edwin Jagger XL Synthetic
Lather: C&S Oxford & Cambridge
AS + EdT: C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Music: Musica Intima 20

$9.30.14Ali.jpg

Omega 10066 Brush
Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave
Ikon OSS DLC/Gillette Silver Blue
Bump Patrol Aftershave Lotion

Panama 1924 EDT - Boellis

$SOTD 092914-1.jpg

iKon Deluxe OC | Iridium Super (3) | Strop Shoppe Baker St. Tallow | TGN 24mm Finest

Myrsol Agua Balsamica | Grey Flannel

Last edited:
30-9-2014

Water and soap :: Myrsol, emulsión :: RazoRock XX :: Druida, Michelle, Macassar ebony, HMW 26mm :: Gillette toggle, astra (#3) :: Myrsol, Blue

proxy.php

the double nickel

That's neat.

Tuesday

Pre-shave: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Cleanser
Razor: Ball-end Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: QCS Celestial Woods Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion
Balm: SCS Avocado Oil ASB

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 power
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Face Scrub