What's new

Replacing Edwin Jagger DE89L - Advice Needed

I won an auction last night on ebay for two Tech's. I should have them next week at which point I will take some pictures and get some help identifying them.

If you so desire, you can post the link to the auction now that it has ended.

I got the Feather Popular in the mail yesterday and shaved with it last night. What a difference from the EJ89. The shave wasn't quite as close, but it was so much more comfortable. The true test will be to see how much or how little irritation/bumps I have over the next day or two. So far I'm very happy with the purchase.

On my face anyway, with my heavy beard and sensitive skin, I have found that an aggressive razor with a less aggressive blade works very well. I use the ATT R1(I know, above your price range) with a Treet Durasharp for a very protective shave. In the past I have used a Voskhod, another moderately sharp/smooth blade. When I want a really close shave, I pare the R1 with a Polsilver or Feather, but my skin pays a price after a few days of sharp shaving.

I guess my overall advice is to pare a more aggressive razor with a more forgiving blade.

I got the Feather Popular in the mail yesterday and shaved with it last night. What a difference from the EJ89. The shave wasn't quite as close, but it was so much more comfortable. The true test will be to see how much or how little irritation/bumps I have over the next day or two. So far I'm very happy with the purchase.

I have been extremely happy with this purchase. I was shaving every 4-5 days with my EJ89 to avoid too much irritation. With the Feather Popular, I have shaved three times since Wednesday with little to no irritation. I have been using Derby blades, but switched to Astra SP tonight and that was a good change too.

I got the new cap in the mail from EJ yesterday. Great customer service and it arrived pretty quickly IMO coming from England.

Top Bottom