What's new

Weck 430-110

Worth 15 bux?
Blades available?
Found in "antique" shop, prolly could pick it up tomorrow if worth having.

$140927_0000.jpg

Not supposed to give appraisals but that is what I paid for mine (if it is a Sextoblade) Also check if it is a medical one.
And
Yes, You can get blades at Sally's or any other beauty supply shop. I have a couple of these and they are great shavers.

How do the blades lock in on these and are they easy to change? I've been thinking about one to pick up to try out.

Not supposed to give appraisals but that is what I paid for mine (if it is a Sextoblade) Also check if it is a medical one.
And
Yes, You can get blades at Sally's or any other beauty supply shop. I have a couple of these and they are great shavers.
When I was in the store, I was disappointed it wasn't a "real" straight. Then got to thinking if it is worth it and better than the "break a DE blade in half" type, it might be OK to try. Not really wanting an appraisal per se, just trying to find out " they sell for 3 bux including shipping" or "they list for 59.95"
I think it was all stainless, but it did not have the asklepian.
How do I tell if it is a sextoblade?

It should say Sextoblade on the side. Some one smarter than me may comment but I haven't seen any with metal scales that weren't Sextoblades. The only reason I mentioned it is that Weck made some smaller sized Wecks. These are harder to hold and are lighter. The Sextoblade is weighted very much like a straight.

The shapers are smaller than the sextoblades. The sextoblades are older. Both can be found on the bay for less than $15.

The Sextoblade is my favorite shavette. They work great. The metal scale could be a Sextoblade or a Bantam. The Bantam is the smaller version, same size as the hair shaper. I have pics of all of the metal varieties in the SABRE thread.

You can find hair shapers for $15 and under on eBay, but $15 is fair. Sextoblades and Bantams usually go for $15-$20 on eBay whenever I'm looking.

So I ended up with this one. (all you guy's fault, y'all said the were close to a regular straight LOL)

$weck.jpg

The Personna blades seem "harsh" to me, (I'm using without the guard, no guard on regular straights) the Astras in the "break the blade in half" shavettes shave nice, just the holder is awkward. Any reccomendations on brand of blade to use?
But it is a nice piece for the price.

How many shaves are on the blade? I find they mellow out around the third shave. I have also stropped them to mellow them out. With that said, I do prefer the Fromm blades.

Just a thought, watch your angle. Too steep and you end up with more scrapping than cutting. I would use the guard at least once to get a feel of the angle since the guard will naturally force the correct angle.

Top Bottom