What's new

Trying different SE razors

So I don't know how likely this is to work in my favor BUT,

I've only ever shaved (as far as SEs go) with my GEM Damaskeene. I'd like to try something a bit more aggressive...I love my Damaskeene, but after wet shaving for over a year, I've never actually tried more than two razors (Damaskeene and a plum wood handle Muhle R89), two brushes (cheap tweezerman and really nice silver tip badger hair to match my R89) and 4 different soaps/creams. Would anybody be willing to send their favorite SE to NYC? I'd be happy to clean it and return it with goodies in the box (either razors, something shaving related or a painting).

Thanks, gents.

Well I love her too much to part with her (even with the generous offer of enticements), but I love the Schick E for its aggressive efficiency (and they are cheap and plentiful on that big auction site).

You might want to have a look. That said, more experienced shavers might be willing to send their favorite on a trip; I'm still too early in my E type romance to part from her.

let me look and see if ive got an extra auto strop.certian ones can take a spineless gem blade and render quite a wonderful shave.along the lines of the damaskeen.if i locate it ill pm for your numbers

+2 on the E injector...especially the first shave with a fresh blade....I have to remind my self "no pressure" every time:blink:

Even though I'm a confirmed Autostropian (see my signature :001_smile), I'd endorse trying the Schick E or G, or the PAL Injecto-matic (another injector). They are higher up on the aggression scale and you'll get good results. Do try the Auto Strops with the despined Gem blade, but at some point down the line try the later Auto Strops (the "Valet" models) with the Feather single edge blade. They are a great shave also and my overwhelming preference.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
+1 on the Schick E. A user quality model can be found quite inexpensively.
+2. If you can, try to find an E2; It has a spring that is narrow at the top and has a stop on the right side only. The guard bar is striated instead of parallel grooves. This razor can be opened for cleaning by swinging the spring to the left. Of course it must be closed for injecting a new blade.

It's not as aggressive as the above mentioned razors, but if you would like to try a GEM featherweight I would happy to send you mine with a few blades. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom