Some British Bottled Beers.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And of course my HOMETOWN beer which in the UK is ONLY sold in pint bottles and in America is available on draught.
proxy.php

Nice! The only one from that list that I tasted already is the Newcastle Brown Ale; every hotel bar seems to have that, and London Pride.

Newcastle brown is nothing special. Good and consistent when there isn't another choice, but nothing to write home about.

Have any of you tried Newcastle Werewolf? It's a red ale, and mighty tasty. I'm loving the art on these bottles! I'd definitely rock that shirt you posted... LAGERBOY! Haha.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
One of the local bars has a beer of the month in a keepsake glass. I got one of these a couple years ago. Now he collects all my spare change.

proxy.php

When the brought Trooper to the States, one of my local haunts was able to get a cask of it in addition to the bottles. It's a very nice bitter. Wish I could find it more often.

I lean on the 5% plus end of our dark ales - I love Hobgoblin and particularly KingGoblin. We've got an absolute ton of micro-breweries these days with many ales that blow away the big names. My locals, Arundel Brewery and Dark Star Brewery produce some epic ales... Old Knucker and 80 Shilling of particular mention.

Went to an agricultural fair recently and stumbled upon a stall for a small Staffordshire brewery with a wide selection of, um, interestingly named ales... far left is an incredibly smooth and creamy stout, middle is a not too strong but still very tasty dark ale, and right is a good session beer and very quaffable.

$beers.jpg

Hobgoblin is a favourite of mine, particularly on draught. I'm a big fan of dark ales, sadly most places just seem to have John Smiths. :sad:

Top Bottom