What's new

Loving L'occitane Cade Soap

Primarily i use shaving creams mostly because i have had little success with soaps, out of most of the soaps i have try DRH Arlington was OK(amazing scent!!), Synergy Coconut Bay was very good, but my favourite and consistently great performer is L'occitane Cade.

Now obviously this is the biggest YMMV thing ever as different products perform differently for every person, but my main thought of this is that maybe it could be because its vegetable based, I am now looking at possibly some other vegetable based soaps and i was hoping you guys could give me some recommendations to go for.

Thanks in advance.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cade is good soap. I enjoyed 3017ing the remainder of a puck during June and July. Really nice once you start using it regularly (like many hard soaps).

Tcheon Fung Singh is an excellent vegetable based soap. American artisan soaps, L.A. Shaving Co, and Tiki Bar Shaving Soaps . LASSCo is all vegan; Tiki makes tallow and vegan, both, with many people preferring the vegan.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you love Cade, you will likely enjoy Provence Sante, another $10 French karite butter vegie gem.

If you like the Cade, you'll love the Institut Karité puck. It's in the same price range. It's veggie based, has nice slick lather, and with 25% shea butter, leaves an amazing post-shave feel. The scent isn't strong, just a mild powdery-cream type of smell. It doesn't get discussed that much on the forum, but it's top-notch.

Proraso is one of the best vegetable-based soaps out there. Valobra soft soaps too (both the menthol and almond versions are incredible).

If you like soap sticks, I would also recommend La Toja, which is great and inexpensive.

Cade was the first soap I ever tried. This was maybe 4 years ago and while I loved the scent and the lather, it left my face feeling dry and tight. I'm mostly a soap guy now, but i've never thought to try it again. I understand that it has been reformulated recently and that it has much better skin care now. Plus there's a L'Occitane shop right down the street.......

must resist.....must resist

If you love Cade, you will likely enjoy Provence Sante, another $10 French karite butter vegie gem.

It's funny that you mention that. I just got a puck of Pre de Provence, yesterday, and when I smelled it, I thought that it smelled remarkably like Cade. Provence Sante is different than PdP, though, right?

provence sante, institut karite and tcheon fung singh. ill see if i can locate those, i know tcheon fung is available at executive shaving, any online retailers in UK/Europe for the other two?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It's funny that you mention that. I just got a puck of Pre de Provence, yesterday, and when I smelled it, I thought that it smelled remarkably like Cade. Provence Sante is different than PdP, though, right?

Yes, two completely different soaps -- the Provence Sante is either Green Tea or Verlaine and is a slightly smaller puck.

As far as the scents, I find the two you mentioned (PdP & Cade) distinctly different but I realized my Cade is the older formula.

provence sante, institut karite and tcheon fung singh. ill see if i can locate those, i know tcheon fung is available at executive shaving, any online retailers in UK/Europe for the other two?
I should specify... I don't know the TFS soft soaps. I have no reason to doubt their excellence, but my recommenation was based on the hard soaps.

Yes, two completely different soaps -- the Provence Sante is either Green Tea or Verlaine and is a slightly smaller puck.

As far as the scents, I find the two you mentioned (PdP & Cade) distinctly different but I realized my Cade is the older formula.

Thanks for clarifying. So, based on your second statement, are you aware of a difference in scent between the older and newer formulas of Cade? I'm just curious. I've only had the newer formula.

I'm a Cade fan, but the afershave balm is way expensive. I'm going to try Pre-De-Provence next, so it's good to hear that people find it similar to Cade. The AS balm on that one is less expensive.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I consider the Cade as a good shaving soap with an amazing scent, particularly suited for Fall/Winter seasons.

Just a little bump, from the soaps mentioned can anyone link to a retailer for provence sante, institut karite and Pre de Provence that will be reasonable for shipping to UK?

Thanks, Ceego.

Top Bottom