What's new

Wet Shaving is Just an Amazing Lifestyle

Back in January of this year, I re-discovered the amazing world of wet shaving, to call wet shaving a hobby would be misleading as it has become a lifestyle that has enhanced each day of my life. I started with vintage DEs, the safe ones, then to open combs, and then to modern razors and drifted towards the aggressive ones. That journey was not with out a few cuts here and there. Shaving with a razor is great but bringing a razor back to life from its history of aging with pitting, rust and scratches is another level to accomplish. Then a few months back I decided to take the plunge and learn how to use a straight razor, just the side burns to start, I read that the right hand will teach the left hand what to do and it does. I suddenly found my left hand being steady and doing what my right hand did. I learned about cuts, slices and nicks. I learned that in about two days my face is back to normal mostly healed and ready to go again. But one of the real pleasures of the journey is opening my cabinet and smelling a combination of soap smells, or learning that you can put on your favorite aftershave more than one time. I have been very fortunate in my antique search and have recently discovered straights from the mid to early 1800s, I have learned to hone, to make scales, and to restore. Today I finished a razor restoration of a razor that is almost 180 years old and it was like graduation day, all of it came together and I experienced the greatest shave so far, unbelievable, to find, to restore and to use something from the past that is now alive and useful again. It was a wonderful sense of accomplishment and I owe so many of you a thanks for the advice, encouragement, and hope in achieving something that I never thought I would be doing, Wet Shaving. So now you can see why it is a lifestyle and I am so blessed to be apart of the world of B&B. I am just feeling very thankful tonight, take care and God bless, Oh one last thing, my wife does not understand at all but loves me enough to allow me to do it :)

$photo 4.jpg$photo 3.jpg$photo 2.jpg$photo 1.jpg
A picture is worth ...

My wife thinks I am obsessed when I am looking for a 3rd SR. I will show her this! What a collection, Gramps - good work indeed

Last edited:
I am storing the razors in display cases I purchased at an antique show, they were $8 each, they have a glass top and heavy black cardboard material for the box etc. a lot of dealers display their items in them, some where pens etc.

Top Bottom