What's new

My Local Boozer.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Here's 3 photo's of my 'local' country pub 'The Pheasant Inn' at Hexham Northumberland.
From the wall-hung photographic record that tells the history of the local people from miner to blacksmith to the gleaming wooden floors, log fire, stone bar and cosy ochre walls, this coaching inn is pub heaven. You’ll find the Pheasant Inn surrounded by the Northumberland countryside at Kielder Water, an area known as one of the most serene places in the UK, where bats swoop through the empty midnight skies. There are just eight rooms and the refreshment is simple, well-cooked hearty fare – think game pie, fresh salmon and wonderful local ales.
If you like English country pubs you'll LOVE this one.
When you walk through the door on a cold winters night and a 'roaring' log fire greets you it's absolutely fantastic, oh, and the beers not bad either.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Here's a link djh to their website, I hope I have done this right as I'm hopeless with computers.
As with a LOT of 'real ale' pubs in the UK the beer changes on a regular basis.The link is below.

http://thepheasantinn.com/

Last edited:
Very nice. Go Magpies!

Thanks Shutterbug, sadly I think the only place the 'Magpies' will be going this season is down the league and a fight to stave off relegation, we NEED to get rid of our owner and get someone in who REALLY has the interest of the club AND the people of Newcastle at heart.Until then it's misery ALL the way I'm afraid.
Can I ask how come an Ohio'n knows about Newcastle United.?

This is where I've been tonight - traditional old English pub, listed building. According to legend it's where Nancy was murdered in Dicken's Oliver Twist. $uploadfromtaptalk1411761983887.jpg

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Here's 3 photo's of my 'local' country pub 'The Pheasant Inn' at Hexham Northumberland.
From the wall-hung photographic record that tells the history of the local people from miner to blacksmith to the gleaming wooden floors, log fire, stone bar and cosy ochre walls, this coaching inn is pub heaven. You’ll find the Pheasant Inn surrounded by the Northumberland countryside at Kielder Water, an area known as one of the most serene places in the UK, where bats swoop through the empty midnight skies. There are just eight rooms and the refreshment is simple, well-cooked hearty fare – think game pie, fresh salmon and wonderful local ales.
If you like English country pubs you'll LOVE this one.
When you walk through the door on a cold winters night and a 'roaring' log fire greets you it's absolutely fantastic, oh, and the beers not bad either.:thumbup:

From the photos, it reminds me of a pub in a horror film that I saw once, but I can't remember much about it--seems like it was about a community plagued by a werewolf, and some visitors came to the pub and the locals advised them not to go out until daytime. Perhaps someone here knows of which movie I'm thinking of.

Thanks Shutterbug, sadly I think the only place the 'Magpies' will be going this season is down the league and a fight to stave off relegation, we NEED to get rid of our owner and get someone in who REALLY has the interest of the club AND the people of Newcastle at heart.Until then it's misery ALL the way I'm afraid.
Can I ask how come an Ohio'n knows about Newcastle United.?

I have been to Newcastle on business. Took the opportunity to go to a game as I am familiar with it. I played in HS & College (Alabama). I also have to say that the best burger I have had in Europe was at the food court in the Newcastle mall. There is/was a burger joint that had an American car sticking out of the wall and they did a very good burger. The Brazilian steak place was not bad either. Of course many of the pubs in England & Scotland are great too. Good food, good drink and loads of atmosphere - most of them anyway.

Last edited:
Wood Badger, I'm positive the film you're on about is 'An American Werewolf In London' and YES the pub does look very similar but I can promise a FAR nicer welcome in MY 'local'.

Shutterbug, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in Newcastle and I hope you had a chance to experience the city centre 'nightlife' as it's fairly well renowned.:001_cool:

Wood Badger, I'm positive the film you're on about is 'An American Werewolf In London' and YES the pub does look very similar but I can promise a FAR nicer welcome in MY 'local'.

Shutterbug, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in Newcastle and I hope you had a chance to experience the city centre 'nightlife' as it's fairly well renowned.:001_cool:

I was working near the city center & staying at the Holiday Inn across the river. Interesting sculptures on the sidewalk near there. Also, the grocery store near the bus stop has, how shall I say it, an unusual traffic pattern. It took us a few tries to figure out how to get in there. Newcastle is an enchanting city and the theater or music center is pretty interesting as well. We did spend several evenings in the downtown area. I had fun trying to find a barkeeper who could make a Harvey Wallbanger. That started many delightful conversations.

Last edited:
A friday night in Newcastle is NOT for the faint hearted, if you ever get the chance to 'pop' back I'll gladly buy you a pint.:thumbup:

Top Bottom