What's new

Am I Too Old For This.

Hi lads, I've just dug this out from my wardrobe after 20 years gathering dust, I'm now 54 but I keep myself in great shape (no beer gut or fat arse) my question is. Can I STILL wear this biker jacket with jeans and black boots to go and see The Who (8th time) in December without looking like an 'old fool'.?
As I think NOTHING looks worse than an 'aging' rocker who just looks 'past it' trying to look cool.:w00t:
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

proxy.php

If you are in good shape you should look very cool. Just keep in mind you will be surrounded by a bunch of "beer gut and fat arse" old fools wearing biker jackets trying to pull off the look that your sporting. Don't be surprised if you get hit on by chicks 20 years your junior.
Just keep the head and facial hair nice and neat and you will be keen.

nope- too old.... i will send you my address to send this jacket (as i am only 51 and can still carry this off) :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Generally, I'd say that if you are wondering if you are too old to pull off a "look" then ... yes, you are too old. (Kind of like the joke about having to ask how much a yacht costs.)

However ...

... I think the comments about wearing it to a concert filled with older, fatter guys trying to pull off that "look" may save you in this case.

Ha ... that was a pretty good video. I had no idea they were advertising red meat.

On a similar theme, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNLwan8K-A&channel=Taxiray

Look for the guy at the very end. That's Buster Martin. He was the UK's oldest employed person, workng as a janitor for a plumbing company right up until his death at age 104. He beat up a gang of thugs that attacked him at age 98, and he ran a marathon at age 101.

Back to the OP's question ... I'm surprised you even have to ask our advice. Of course you should wear it. Wear whatever you want. And rest assured that there will be plenty of us here on B&B that will be green with envy knowing that you've got tickets to a live performance by The Who.

Enjoy it, buddy. Rock On.

Wear whatever you like and enjoy the show. I saw Roger and Pete a few years ago. It was a good show. I went to a 1989 show at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO (14th row). THAT was phenomenal!

Your asking if your too old to wear a leather jacket to see a band who has been around for 50 years?

I think you earned the right to wear whatever you want as long as it still fits.

do it! just do it! never too old to look good in clothes you feel comfortable in. great looking jacket by the way!
just wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable wearing and disregard what other people think when they look at you.
as the old saying goes " never judge a book by its cover". I'd definitely rock that!

Top Bottom