What's new

Schick Injector SE Safety Razor - Type G 1946-1955

Okay Guys, I was advised that I needed to add an injector to my den and pretty much know nothing about them except the Mrs. said her Dad had used one and there is some type of injector blades and I have looked at them but not sure they are the correct one's

Here is the razor I have coming:

$$_57.jpg

And here are the blades I found on Amazon:

$51HwSaRIo3L.jpg

Are these decent blades to use, I can only assume they are since they are made by the same company but not sure.

Thanks

Yes, those are exactly the blades you will need. Even though they are made in China (hence, called Chicks), they are excellent blades. In a Schick injector like yours, they will give smooth, comfortable, and close shaves. They also last a long time--I have gotten 25 very good shaves from one blade, and some gents on the forum have gotten even more. So, although they cost much more than DE blades, the cost per shave is comparable. If your razor does not have a blade already in it, be very careful when you load a new blade. Loading a blade into an empty razor can ruin the edge of the blade if it drags across the blade stop nubs. If that happens, just inject another blade and throw the first one away.

I think you are really going to like your Schick Injector razor. They are incredibly easy to use and the angle is very intuitive. Just put the head flat against your face, then lower the handle by just a few degrees (not 30 degrees as you would with a DE), and listen for the sound of the whiskers being cut. They also give superb shaves.

Last edited:
Yes, those are exactly the blades you will need. Even though they are made in China (hence, called Chicks), they are excellent blades. In a Schick injector like yours, they will give smooth, comfortable, and close shaves. They also last a long time--I have gotten 25 very good shaves from one blade, and some gents on the forum have gotten even more. So, although they cost much more than DE blades, the cost per shave is comparable. If your razor does not have a blade already in it, be very careful when you load a new blade. Loading a blade into an empty razor can ruin the edge of the blade if it drags across the blade stop nubs. If that happens, just inject another blade and throw the first one away.

Are there better blades ? I have nothing against the Chinese ones but if there are better I could get those, I have seen some made by Feather ?

mswofford

Rest in Peace
You chose well; That's a G series (seam on the handle) and is an excellent shaving razor! The blades also; That's what I use.
One caution: If there is no blade in the razor you should do this on first loading:
1. Kick out a blade from the injector; This will be your "dummy" blade
2. Insert the injector key into the right side of the razor; The head of the razor will be pried back somewhat when you do this.
3. Insert your "dummy" blade into the left side a bit; away from the blade stop (bump) if possible
4. Inject your new blade from the right all the way; Kicking out your "dummy".
You're all set to shave!
The reason for all this detail is because Schick injectors when new have a copper (no edge) "dummy" blade factory installed.
This procedure is recommended because loading a blade into an empty injector can damage the its edge and possibly the blade stops as it rubs against them because it's not "pried back" properly. The razor is designed to be loaded when a blade is already in it.
The above instructions are very quick and easy to do; It takes much longer to write them!

Nice razor and the appropriate blades. The Model G is a great first injector. It is more aggressive than many DE, similar to a Old Type in my mind, but in the middle as far as the injectors. If you decide you need more aggressive, there is the Model E. Want something less aggressive? Models I and J will give you that. And injectors don't suffer from the huge number of blade choices to confuse the situation. Stick with the Chicks and you'll be happy.

Have fun and be sure to report back after your first shave!

I did find these and they appear to be Vintage so are that going to be any better that what's produced now ?

$$_12.JPG

Some gents prefer the vintage blades, some don't. Old or new, as long as they are stainless, they'll be OK. Try both and decide for yourself.

I have my first injectors on the way myself. An E a PAL and an I along with some vintage blades. Glad I came by your post, otherwise I would not have known the loading technique.

Good luck with yours. That's a sharp looking instrument.

Some gents prefer the vintage blades, some don't. Old or new, as long as they are stainless, they'll be OK. Try both and decide for yourself.
+1,+1 Chicks are good blades. I use vintage and I stick with the stainless also. Let us know and enjoy your shave!

Are there better blades ? I have nothing against the Chinese ones but if there are better I could get those, I have seen some made by Feather ?
You can use the feather type injector blades but they need to be cut down to size, to me they are a lot sharper than the chicks
and they deliver a nice shave, but they are more expensive.

The other nice thing about the Chinese blades is that occasionally, I can find them hanging in a grocery or drug store.

-jim

The ones you pictured are the very first Stainless ones by Schick. I would say that they might be slightly smoother than the current production, but less sharp, and slightly prone to quality issues. Any Schick stainless blade after that one will be better, except for the Made in Germany ones that come in the same packaging as the Chinese ones, but perform worse than the Chinese ones.

The Gillette injector blades are top notch, up there with the best of Schick.

The store brand ASR ones are worse.
The P74, Personna Super Stainless from just before the P74, and the Platinum Chrome in the Red Box (right after the P74) are the Personna blades that are excellent.

I looked today in a few stores and could not find any blades so I may have to order online, but I did get something in the mail today plus the Mrs. picked me up some AS she liked

$IMG_1262.jpg

Top Bottom