What's new

New Brandisio and Bro

$IMG_1194.jpg$IMG_1195.jpg$IMG_1196.jpg
Just got my new Brandisio & Bro 7/8 Half Hollow in gabon ebony scales and it is a beauty. I'm obviously no photographer, but this is my first brand new razor. Just had my first shave with it yesterday, and while I'm only on about shave 15 with straight razors this one was exceptional. I love the 7/8 and the overall size of this razor. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I was surprised at how much of a beast it is. Mike honed it for me before he sent it and it was an awesome shave. With the price point (especially the introductory one) you just can't go wrong. A couple of observations I had:
When I first took the razor out I noticed the scales were extremely tight on the shank and it had a good solid "hinge pin" I like that because that means with as clumsy as I am there is only one way to open this razor and that's on purpose.
The Shank and is big enough to make me feel like I'm holding something and the weight is awesomely balanced.
The jimps, in my opinion are a must have for this blade.
Overall I am extremely satisfied with this razor. I'm thinking when the bone scales come back I may have a 2nd one.

Great looking razor! Every time I see one of these, it makes it a little harder for me to resist buying one. I love the shape of the tang. Reminds me of my feather ac.

Last edited:
Congratulations: You made a fantastic choice. I can't wait until the burl goes into production. It would be a nice gesture if you posted your pictures on their Vendors B&B link. Thanks

View attachment 499254View attachment 499255View attachment 499256
Just got my new Brandisio & Bro 7/8 Half Hollow in gabon ebony scales and it is a beauty. I'm obviously no photographer, but this is my first brand new razor. Just had my first shave with it yesterday, and while I'm only on about shave 15 with straight razors this one was exceptional. I love the 7/8 and the overall size of this razor. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I was surprised at how much of a beast it is. Mike honed it for me before he sent it and it was an awesome shave. With the price point (especially the introductory one) you just can't go wrong. A couple of observations I had:
When I first took the razor out I noticed the scales were extremely tight on the shank and it had a good solid "hinge pin" I like that because that means with as clumsy as I am there is only one way to open this razor and that's on purpose.
The Shank and is big enough to make me feel like I'm holding something and the weight is awesomely balanced.
The jimps, in my opinion are a must have for this blade.
Overall I am extremely satisfied with this razor. I'm thinking when the bone scales come back I may have a 2nd one.

"Awesome"

Nice looking razor at a nice price, largest I own is a 6/8 and have always had an interest
in a larger blade but cost and condition always backburners the thought. While these are
far from cheap, looks like it represents a good value. Thanks for the pics and enjoy the shave.

Nice looking razor. Just ordered one in bone today and quickly got a personal email reply saying it was being assembled and honed. Started out with mostly 5/8 blades and have noticed my preference is changing to larger and larger blades. Can't wait to get it in my hands and take it for a spin.

You have inspire me. Like Shane, I just ordered one.
For years I been considering a straight, but have stuck with my DEs, SEs, and Feather AC.
It was time.
Thank you

Nice looking razor. Just ordered one in bone today and quickly got a personal email reply saying it was being assembled and honed. Started out with mostly 5/8 blades and have noticed my preference is changing to larger and larger blades. Can't wait to get it in my hands and take it for a spin.

Great Choice Congratulations

Top Bottom