What's new

Checking-in

Hey guys heard about this forum for a while now and finally registered today!...I've been wet shaving for about two months now with merkur 34c and I love it. I've spent most of my life using an electric razor it was ok....I've spent too much already on shave soaps and loving most of them. The only problem I have is I'm getting irritation (not horrible) on the same spot on one side of my neck. I know the neck is a sensitive spot for some guys...I've mapped my hair growth and tried differnt techinques....any tips? Thanks

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. You didn't tell us much about how you shaved, so diagnosis is difficult. It sounds to me like that spot might be an awkward place for the way you hold the razor. Maybe the angle is a little off, or you're using too much pressure. Try a different grip on the razor at that spot.

Welcome to the forum!

Regarding the issue with your neck; just use very little pressure, practice technique, be patient and you can try blade-buffing to see if this helps. Good luck.

Hi i have just started DE wet shavig and i am hooked i just transphered from the Active Air Force to the NC air national guard. A friend at my new place of work gave me a gellet (excuse the spelling) De safty razor and blades. I then picked up a Van Der Hagan luxery shave kit from walmart the one with the black mug not the green one, i had some col conks and a brush on loan from my grandpa and ran out and had to go get some soap and picked up the kit and realy like the soap. I also realy like the Van Der Hagan blades very much.

Technique and reducing pressure are probably the best way to go for getting better results on the neck. However, I have personally seen an improvement by using a small amount of pre-shave oil on my neck and jawline. I'm able to get just a little closer on the shave with less overall irritation.

Hello and welcome to B&B, Rordogg. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Top Bottom