What's new

Mike's Hungarian Lavender. Lovely.

one of my favorites. The Lavender is a little muted but, it is a phenomenal soap. In fact, I think I am going to break it out tomorrow.

My favorite from Mike as well. I've posted this before but its my go to evening shave soap as I find it like aroma therapy for a relaxation scent. Heavenly indeed and great later for shaving as well.

I have two extra tins vacuum sealed and stored in my wine cabinet just to make sure I don't run out.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I liked it too but my face didn't. Lit me up like a blowtorch! That happens sometimes... But it found a new home with a happy shaver.

Cheers, Steve

I've gotten a hankering for a lavender soap and Mike's looks to be an excellent choice.
He's out of stock again for the time being, though.

Does anyone know if he still sells samples, or is that not the case any more?

I didn't think I liked lavender until tried Mike's version. Fantastic stuff. My favorite is still his orange/black pepper/cedar, which he has in stock now.

I've gotten a hankering for a lavender soap and Mike's looks to be an excellent choice.
He's out of stock again for the time being, though.

Does anyone know if he still sells samples, or is that not the case any more?

Looks like samples are no longer available on his site.

Hungarian Lavender is truly outstanding. The essential oil that Mike uses is much earthier than the typical lavender oil used in most soaps. It's in a league of its own, and can probably win over a fair number of people that don't like florals.

I really like Lavandin and Eucalyptus, too. It's very similar to Hungarian Lavender (at least to me), but it has a little bit of eucalyptus that gives more complexity.

Hungarian Lavender is truly outstanding. The essential oil that Mike uses is much earthier than the typical lavender oil used in most soaps. It's in a league of its own, and can probably win over a fair number of people that don't like florals.

I really like Lavandin and Eucalyptus, too. It's very similar to Hungarian Lavender (at least to me), but it has a little bit of eucalyptus that gives more complexity.

+1 These are my impressions exactly. There's something about both of these scents which I find addictive and which make me think about the scents long after I'm done shaving. If Mike made an aftershave or some other fluid of these scents I'd bathe in it for hours.

Just ordered the Orange/black pepper/cedar. First time with Mikes soap, Ann Arbor is not too far away, and I have wanted to try his soaps for a while now, but have had a hard time finding this one in stock. So many great reviews, have high hopes for this soap.

Top Bottom