What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

I bought at a flea market today this blades. I would like to know the year of production. It seems to me, is the end of the seventies - early eighties.
View attachment 612220

Not sure, but I think those might be 1960s instead. I see "Made in Holland" and Schick had production in the Netherlands as early as 1963. The Krona badge was in use that early too. Schick originally used the Krona brand in the late 1950s and early 1960s for carbon steel blades, both injector and DE. Then around 1963 they followed Wilkinson-Sword into the new market for PTFE-coated stainless blades, which became known as "Super" or "Extra" blades. By the late 1960s to early 1970s Schick was shifting use of the Krona badge toward the new Krona-Chrome blade, with a chromium coating in between the steel substrate and the PTFE coating. Still later the Krona brand went away completely, in favor of Schick Platinum Plus and similar branding. In general by the 1970s Super blades were shifting toward larger packs of 10 or 15, because they were no longer the flagship blades.

Another reason to think they might be fairly early is that there are not patent marks visible. Later packs with Krona Super blades often mentioned a Schick patent on an improved coating process: US3203829 published in 1965. Schick held corresponding patents in the UK, Germany, and Denmark, although the publication dates varied.

Hi

i can't tell if this has been addressed, but here goes.

i have a vintage Gillette three hole blade. The date code is 44, only two digits. What is this date?

thanks

bernnie

$image.jpg
View attachment 618723

Hi fellow razor blade collectors, I scored the following blades with a razor I just received a few days ago. -

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450584730.681444.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450584749.113650.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450584774.080153.jpg

I have never seen a Darwin blade before, and I find it unusual that it has what appears to be a serial number on it. The two Gillette blades are the oldest Blue Blades I own. The date code on the one I opened was D-3.

Here are some from my accumulation.

Attachments

• $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 257.jpg
    $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 257.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 117
  • $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 258.jpg
    $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 258.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 118
  • $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 260.jpg
    $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 260.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 121
  • $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 261.jpg
    $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 261.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 121
  • $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 262.jpg
    $RazorStuffMachinistsBox3 262.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 118
Hello Rey Zhourej, I've never seen any of those Zoo blades before. Very cool! Looks like you have a nice assortment there sir. Good Show Sir!

I couldn't find Zoo blades in the Krumholz blade book, but there are NEW PROCESS ones made by the Singer company.

good ones!

-jim

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Has anyone seen or know of anything about these? I couldn't find anything useful from a Google search. I would take out a blade, but I believe the pack has never been opened.

$IMG_20151221_163601524.jpg
$IMG_20151221_163635206.jpg

Hello all, I just want to share some photos of a recent score I made. The blades are vintage, and I'm guessing 1930's. I have some of these blades, but they are in a thicker box. I think they are newer than the recent acquisition. The color of the blade pouches are a little different too. These blades are still serviceable, or at least they appear OK. I'm going to use some of them. Here's a couple of photos of the blades-

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450811440.569921.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450811461.033539.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450811478.849444.jpg

Can anyone tell me what years these were produced? Thanks.

Hello all, I just want to share some photos of a recent score I made. The blades are vintage, and I'm guessing 1930's. I have some of these blades, but they are in a thicker box. I think they are newer than the recent acquisition. The color of the blade pouches are a little different too. These blades are still serviceable, or at least they appear OK. I'm going to use some of them. Here's a couple of photos of the blades.

Can anyone tell me what years these were produced? Thanks.
Neat score! Don't have any info for you but if you are interested in selling or swapping a package of those I would be interested. I have a GEM razor that they fit but no blades.

Here is a package of blades(unfortunately just one blade inside) I got today in a package of stuff.

Attachments

• $TwentyGrandRazorBlades 001.jpg
    $TwentyGrandRazorBlades 001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 92
  • $TwentyGrandRazorBlades 003.jpg
    $TwentyGrandRazorBlades 003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 91
Neat score! Don't have any info for you but if you are interested in selling or swapping a package of those I would be interested. I have a GEM razor that they fit but no blades.

Hello Rey, I would be glad to send you a couple of packs of those reversible blades. Just pm me your address, and I will mail some out to you on Tuesday. No charge, I don't want anything in return. It would truly be my pleasure.

Hello Rey, I would be glad to send you a couple of packs of those reversible blades. Just pm me your address, and I will mail some out to you on Tuesday. No charge, I don't want anything in return. It would truly be my pleasure.

Hello Rey, I mailed your blades out today. Check your message board for the tracking number. Have a good day.

Top Bottom