What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

A tuck of Bleue Extras, I have these in 10 blade dispensers as well.

$CAM01512.jpg

$CAM01513.jpg

Legion

Staff member
I think for now I am just going to post wrappers which I like the design of.

Letka. Czechoslovakia.

proxy.php

proxy.php

On my way home from work today, i stopped by the local antique shop and picked up this:

NOS blades, the box had the plastic wrapper that i took off. $5

They're coated with something, i have no idea though. Also not sure if i will use them, but i'm leaning towards yes.

Any one know what year they're from?

Legion

Staff member
That's a handy picture. That red seal Gillette I posted earlier in the thread was 1906! I knew it was an early one.

Yeah they were introduced in 1938. I have never used them, but I heard good things about those blades.

Nice score.

I have two other blades from a travel tech set that i got a while back. I guess i can use them now, since i have 10 extra ones. They also had some star blades, but the 5 pack was $10, and it made no sense to me. Since this one was only $5 and it had 10.

Also scored a sweet lucite brush, i posted in the ever ready model thread.

I can't say I'm a blade collector, but I do pick up a variety of blades when I buy vintage razors. I can't really bring myself to throwing them out, and they don't take up much room, so they stick around.

Here's a couple photos of the wrapped blades. There's probably a few others squirreled away in razor cases, but probably nothing significant. I do have another pile of loose, unwrapped, probably-used blades, but I'm going to toss them into my blade bank for recycling.

$IMG_1895.jpg

$IMG_1896.jpg

On my way home from work today, i stopped by the local antique shop and picked up this:

NOS blades, the box had the plastic wrapper that i took off. $5

They're coated with something, i have no idea though. Also not sure if i will use them, but i'm leaning towards yes.

Any one know what year they're from?

The other side of that blade should have a date code on it.

-jim

Found these in a chest of hardware drawers in the garage. They are thicker than modern blades and, even in my Gillette Old type and palm-stropped they tug a little, but give a very close shave.

Attachments

• $3000479.jpg
    $3000479.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 318
Top Bottom