What's new

From whom do you have the most pucks?

What soap vendor do you have the most pucks of different scents (not counting samples)? Of course, some artisans/brands make only make one shave soap (Tabac) while others make dozens of scents (Stirling, Mama Bear, Mystic Water), so a tally would have a bit of a skew in it, but interesting none the less.

When I do a cursory glance of "The Pile", it's about tied between Stirling and Barrister & Mann. Got about 8 pucks of each.

Barrister & Mann is in the lead with Mike's and Synergy tied right behind.

Its not very long since I became interested in the soap side of wet shaving, but I can already tell that those 3 brands will be holding their positions for a very long time. Stirling may butt in soon, I have yet to try them. Care to reccomend a scent?

Barrister & Mann is in the lead with Mike's and Synergy tied right behind.

Its not very long since I became interested in the soap side of wet shaving, but I can already tell that those 3 brands will be holding their positions for a very long time. Stirling may butt in soon, I have yet to try them. Care to reccomend a scent?

If you like mentholated soaps, Margaritas in the Arctic and Black Ice are definitely fan favorites (mine too). Vanilla Sandalwood is a great fall/winter scent (and there's a bath soap). I only tried a sample a while back so I don't remember exactly what it smelled like, but Sharp Dressed Man is another popular one on B&B.

Recently it's been Strop Shoppe, Barrister and Mann, and Catie's Bubbles who have been receiving most of my hard-earned discretionary funds.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have trouble adding. Can you help me figure this out? :001_rolle

- Art of Shaving, Lemon (old formula)
- Arko
- Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla
- Dr Dittmar
- Godrej round
- Klar Kabinett
- La Toja shave stick
- Mama Bear's Bay Rum
- Mama Bear's Cucumber Mint
- Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood
- Mama Bear's Drakker type mug soap
- Mama Bear's Hazelnut
- Mama Bear's Hydrogen Fragrance shave stick
- Mama Bear's Lime Ice
- Mama Bear's Roses
- Mama Bear's Sandalwood Vanilla
- Mama Bear's Vanilla Cream shave stick
- Mama Bear's Winter Grapefruit
- Mama Bear's Ye Olde Barbershoppe
- Martin de Candre
- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Monsavon
- P.160 Tipo Duro
- P.160 Tipo Morbido
- Palmolive stick, European
- Pitralon
- Saint Charles Shave, Sandalwood
- Tabac
- Valobra shave stick
- Williams
- Williams, vintage!

5 Razorock soaps
-XXX
-Fresco
-Zi Peppino
-KOTC Lime
-Don Marco

But if we are allowing creams, then TOBS wins it with 6 scents/7 tubs
-Sandalwood
-Eton College
-Grapefruit
-Mr. Taylor
-St James
-Shaving Shop x2

Saint Charles Shave
Blue Line
Cranberry
Dagger
Fairway (x 4)
Jack Frost
New Spice

And maybe 1 or 2 more?

But Williams really shines in my den. Over 100 pucks, half of that is vintage.

Stirling is the only one I have multiple pucks of, and that's only because I loved the smell of Gin & Tonic too much to pass up having another on hand. Especially since I read it was only a limited fragrance.

The most I've ever had at once time is RazoRock, I think like 8 of them, but as chance would have it absolutely none of them stayed. I didn't like how some smelled, some others burned my face, and the last few just didn't really compete with Stirling, Tabac, and Arko well enough to justify keeping.

List of Soaps stockpiled for the shavepocalypse:

1. Mike's Natural (various scents)
2. RazoRock (various scents with an emphasis on Zi' Peppino
3. Arko shave sticks

If I was stockpiling today:

HTGAM 1.0 soaps
Petal Pusher's Fancies
Soap Commander
Maggard Razors

All are great products and very tempting.

15 Arko sticks from thecloseoutdepot on the Bay +1 from Best Shave Net
4 pucks of VDH deluxe from my local grocer.
Have assorted single pucks and sticks of other brands.

I have a few soaps but I own three Mike's natural soap's pucks. The rest of my soaps are ones and two's from various other manufacturers.

Top Bottom