What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I'm thinking the fragrance oil combos changed a bit. My puck of Stirling Spice was as close to Shulton OS as I've smelled ... definitely not the dark, brooding, woody scent I see described here. The body Stirling Spice soap I recently opened, however, smelled nothing like Shulton OS. So it's either highly variable or the recipe changed.

I have tried the majority of the scents Rod has come out with, be it directly from him or via trades, etc. I basically try each puck one by one. If it is an amazing performer, I keep using it. If it's a standard Stirling performer (which is excellent, but some are definitely better than others) or a meh scent (to my nose), it goes into a giant mash-up brick of Stirling pucks. Every once and a while, I take a random slice out of the mash-up brick and lather up. Always fun to see what random combos come out!

The formula could have changed a bit. I know Rod is always trying to improve his soaps for his customers. The puck I had was from an earlier batch. Haven't tried the new formula soap with SS yet.

I like the performance of his soaps more than the most of the commercial soaps I've tried (have about 50 samples). Some scents I like others not to much but that's have the fun of trying them. :biggrin1:

When did the thread name revert to being misspelled? I looked back a couple of pages and no one mentioned it.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What gives? Which mod is responsible for this and why?

I PMed Henry, the mod here, about it. I really don't think a mod would have changed the name back, it's probably something going on inside the pneumatic tubes and hamster wheels of the interwebs that is beyond our capacity to understand.

I have noticed that some Stirling posts seem to stay alive in the soaps forum now, after I bitched about it. Baby steps.

Although I'm relatively new to the DE shaving scene, I've quickly developed an affinity for menthol soaps. My "gateway" menthol was Stirling MITA, so I thought I'd step up my game and try the heavy hitting Stirling Glacials. I ordered three: Spearmint, Wintergreen, and Lemon Chill. I happened to grab the Lemon Chill first, and all I can say is "wow!". Most definitely colder than MITA, but not uncomfortably so. The high menthol content triggers a few happy tears and the sniffles, but I can't begin to describe how good my skin feels after shaving. I forego AS or balm and just rinse and towel off. The cool sensation sticks around for the better part of an hour and I'm convinced the menthol is doing something very healthy for my skin.

If you dig a cool, refreshing shave, please consider trying any of the Stirling menthol soaps. A tremendous value and the performance is spectacular. Slick, protective, and a great post-shave feel.

Five stars!

Stirling Spice is the only one that I always have on hand. Although, I recently received a sample of Barbershop and I am enjoying that. Glad to see Spice get some acclaim though. It never gets too much attention on the thread.

Here we are at post number 4442 and page 223. There are a lot of great reviews on this thread but it's almost impossible to find them. How hard would it be to get a page or a forum setup for Stirling? Could "the syndicate" help out one of the best soap makers become even better and sponsor them in some way?

Here we are at post number 4442 and page 223. There are a lot of great reviews on this thread but it's almost impossible to find them. How hard would it be to get a page or a forum setup for Stirling? Could "the syndicate" help out one of the best soap makers become even better and sponsor them in some way?

It would help if the title of this club were "Stirling Syncidate" rather than "Stlrling Syndicate," because searching post titles for "Stirling" doesn't work. I've asked the mod nicely if they would please change it so searchers can find this thread since Stirling posts are unwelcome in the soaps forum.

Perhaps if you asked, too, it might help. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Used Menthol Pre-shave oil and Spearmint Glacial. Almost done with the soap sample. Anyone else have a problem getting lather off of Glacial? I've tried adding more product and water, and it just stays a thick, soupy mass.

Don't get me wrong. It's still slick and protective. It just doesn't lather up like the other Stirling soaps I have tried. Maybe my sample was in a less than good batch?

Sterling came in the mail today. I enjoyed making lather with this stuff, despite not having a scuttle for it. Just used it to touch up my neck a little it but applied some to my face to see how cold it was.

I have to say this stuff feels nice! It took a little bit, but once it kicked in it was pretty damn cold! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Used Menthol Pre-shave oil and Spearmint Glacial. Almost done with the soap sample. Anyone else have a problem getting lather off of Glacial?

I just started using Glacial Lemon Chill and I do notice it doesn't lather quite like other non-menthol Stirling soaps. That being said, I still get great protection and slickness. I describe it as a different kind of Stirling lather....a bit more yogurt-like. I do add a bit more product, but all-in-all, I absolutely love the Stirling Glacial menthol experience. Awesome post-shave feel.

Sterling came in the mail today. I enjoyed making lather with this stuff, despite not having a scuttle for it. Just used it to touch up my neck a little it but applied some to my face to see how cold it was.

I have to say this stuff feels nice! It took a little bit, but once it kicked in it was pretty damn cold! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I'm three shaves in with Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill and I absolutely love the stuff. The high menthol content definitely ups the freeze factor, but it's a refreshing feel and not painful in any way. I love the way my skin feels post-shave. I'm definitely a menthol lover and Stirling does menthol quite well. And non-menthol soaps too.....

Welp... I'm set for a good while.

First big order from Stirling was like Christmas in September.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411430919.391867.jpg

I love my glacial soaps. I ordered the Lemon and was pleasantly surprised to find a sample of Wintergreen in with it. Both are fantastic. Amazing scent and lather...win win.

Top Bottom