What's new

Radical New Razor

I don't know if this has been posted before but it made my day ROFL.:lol:
It was a review on Amazon for a Merkur Model 38 Hd Classic "Barber Pole" by "Mike K".
If Mike is on the list I'd like to say well done, I like the cut of your jib!

News Flash...2008.

Razor Scientists have developed a radical new razor called the DE or "Double Edge" Razor. This futuristic, yet elegant, device is made of durable metal instead of the usual plastic and it is machined so well that it would be possible that a single DE Razor could last the average shaver a lifetime. This new shaving device uses amazing "mono blade" technology that delivers a shave as close as the finest multi-blade cartridge system, but the blades are completely bio-degradable and have a tiny "carbon footprint." By a stroke of pure genius the replacement blades will cost about a tenth that of a classic cartridge and will actually provide two complete edges, in essence giving you two blades for the price of one. Since there is only one cutting surface you no longer have to worry about clogging the razor head with hair and shave cream and the DE Razor is less likely to cause bumps and other skin conditions.

An excellent example of this stunning new DE Razor technology is the Merkur Barber Pole DE Razor. Excellent construction, fine finish and craftsmanship combined with real heft and retro styling make this razor a real winner.

Like most state of the art technology, there is a slight learning curve when using this powerful device. The razor does all of the work, so don't apply any pressure and take short strokes instead of the long ones that you were using with current old-style cartridge system razor. Your small efforts will be rewarded with the knowledge that you are not only more "green" but you also have the latest new tech toy on the block.

In a related story, shaving researchers have created a solid shaving lubricant called a shaving soap puck. This highly concentrated pellet can provide at least as many shaves as a can of shaving foam and doesn't use propellants or a steel aerosol can. Foam is created by simply whisking a wet puck with a soft and long life "shaving brush" which is then used to apply/massage the foam on the users face. The system is so sophisticated that unused foam is automatically recycled to be used for the next shave.

FACT??? FICTION??? FANTASY??? OUTRAGEOUS EXAGERATION???
Well, it is all true, but the basic design wasn't developed in 2008, it was developed over 100 years ago and it is likely that your grandpa and possibly your dad used it. Stop paying $3 for a razor cartridge. Put that cash in your pocket and give the Merkur Barber Pole DE razor a try!

Thanks for posting this outstanding piece of prose (first to 4th paragraph, that is). Gotta love it when art meets technology! :thumbup1:

I don't know if this has been posted before but it made my day ROFL.:lol:
It was a review on Amazon for a Merkur Model 38 Hd Classic "Barber Pole" by "Mike K".
If Mike is on the list I'd like to say well done, I like the cut of your jib!

News Flash...2008.

Razor Scientists have developed a radical new razor called the DE or "Double Edge" Razor. This futuristic, yet elegant, device is made of durable metal instead of the usual plastic and it is machined so well that it would be possible that a single DE Razor could last the average shaver a lifetime. This new shaving device uses amazing "mono blade" technology that delivers a shave as close as the finest multi-blade cartridge system, but the blades are completely bio-degradable and have a tiny "carbon footprint." By a stroke of pure genius the replacement blades will cost about a tenth that of a classic cartridge and will actually provide two complete edges, in essence giving you two blades for the price of one. Since there is only one cutting surface you no longer have to worry about clogging the razor head with hair and shave cream and the DE Razor is less likely to cause bumps and other skin conditions.

An excellent example of this stunning new DE Razor technology is the Merkur Barber Pole DE Razor. Excellent construction, fine finish and craftsmanship combined with real heft and retro styling make this razor a real winner.

Like most state of the art technology, there is a slight learning curve when using this powerful device. The razor does all of the work, so don't apply any pressure and take short strokes instead of the long ones that you were using with current old-style cartridge system razor. Your small efforts will be rewarded with the knowledge that you are not only more "green" but you also have the latest new tech toy on the block.

In a related story, shaving researchers have created a solid shaving lubricant called a shaving soap puck. This highly concentrated pellet can provide at least as many shaves as a can of shaving foam and doesn't use propellants or a steel aerosol can. Foam is created by simply whisking a wet puck with a soft and long life "shaving brush" which is then used to apply/massage the foam on the users face. The system is so sophisticated that unused foam is automatically recycled to be used for the next shave.

FACT??? FICTION??? FANTASY??? OUTRAGEOUS EXAGERATION???
Well, it is all true, but the basic design wasn't developed in 2008, it was developed over 100 years ago and it is likely that your grandpa and possibly your dad used it. Stop paying $3 for a razor cartridge. Put that cash in your pocket and give the Merkur Barber Pole DE razor a try!

Some great lines, there.

Top Bottom