What's new

Acquisitions March 31 - April 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this at an antique store today...should I open it? How old do you think it is? I don't know much about injectors, but knew this was a good find. Mint unopened in package. Should I break the cellophane and take a peek inside, or keep it sealed?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
M

modern man

Fold the cards or go all in man!!!!

I would be shavin with that mother tonight!

My wife and I talked about this situation the other day as we were walking through an antique store. There were several items that had not been opened and had probably been purchased, placed in a closet and then sold once the original owner passed. They did not enjoy that item and it probably went to an auction. If it were me ,and I wanted to use it I would. If you are buying it for resale ,then it's a different story.

ok, now I'm really leaning towards cracking it open. Next question: should I use the blades??

I'm sorry guys but I just can't do it. These injectors are worth a dime a dozen but it is rare to have one unopened. I think most of the value would be diminished as soon as I opened it, just like a new car. I've fought with this all day long but I'm leaving it sealed, like king tut's tomb. I'm fairly certain now that its from 1946-47. I only paid $9.50 for it, and I already have some injectors.

A side note. I live in the heart of a ton of antique stores all around me. That's good and bad for the collector. Every time I go into one lately, the owners poke and prod you into telling them what you are looking for. I used to tell them, but not anymore. That's how they keep their finger on the market for items, thereby raising prices. I keep getting told that the DE's are going like hotcakes and everyone is looking for them now. Damn. Keep B&B a secret amongst true collectors and not dealers.

Good decision. Pick up another Injector and shave with it, the shave is the same and your are not diminishing value.

+1
I am all for using a razor, but there are not many of these out there, and there are collectors who would give you several usable razors for something like this.

A side note. I live in the heart of a ton of antique stores all around me. That's good and bad for the collector. Every time I go into one lately, the owners poke and prod you into telling them what you are looking for. I used to tell them, but not anymore. That's how they keep their finger on the market for items, thereby raising prices. I keep getting told that the DE's are going like hotcakes and everyone is looking for them now. Damn. Keep B&B a secret amongst true collectors and not dealers.

Easy solution. Lie like a rug. And if DE's are in demand--it is by ebay hacks not shavers. Considering the price jumps over the last month or so I am sure every ebay hillbilly with a trailer and a dream are out scouring the heartland for anything that could hold a blade.

If people would stop paying $125 for fat boys on ebay the market would ebb and we could all get back to finding deals. So endeth the lesson. Peace be with you.

It would be funny if you sold it, the guy opened it and found something like a spoon inside, lol.
But I'm like that. I worry too much.

Man see i'm with the other guys....I'de have to open it.

Ide thell OWMBA or whatever you guys call your wives that i was buying it to re-sale blah blah blah, then i'de take the mother home and shave with it....but thats me.....

How did I do guys ? I picked this up for $6 from an antique shop .

Oh did I mention NOS ?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom