What's new

L.A. Shaving Soap Company

I recently purchased a BBS-1 razor, and included was a full size tub of one of their vegan soaps. Vegan soap......okay. I occasionally order vegetable pizza. I've been known to eat a veggie burger. But I was skeptical, to say the very least, about a low fat shaving soap.

First off, IMHO this is more of a croap. I ordered the bay rum, just because I like a good bay rum. This one qualifies on that criteria. First use was with a 32mm Silvertip I made. It worked okay, but I made this brush for my favorite products which are creams. Still, the lather was quick to peak, very smooth, and slippery. Today I used my newly re-knotted Rubberset 400 with a deep set 24mm Silvertip. I overloaded the brush unintentionally, and created enough lather for my usual three pass with a touch up, and the shaving of a medium size dog. Again just my opinion, but this is some really good stuff. Good enough that a cream user (me) will order more. I'm anxious to try their other scents. :thumbup1:

They are patterned after MdC and are excellent soft soaps. I prefer the Woody Lavender.

Here is another thread you may like: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...a-Monica-Bay-Rum-Review?highlight=los+angeles

proxy.php

I have tried woody lavender, fougere, bay rum, and Bespoke. The scents on all of them are top notch same with the performance. Bespoke is my favorite right now.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have used LA Shaving Soaps as well as MdC. I don't have any LASS right now but I do have some MdC. The only reason I kept the MdC and don't have the LASS is because I feel there's a "specialness" that the MdC has just for being what it is. The performance has been identical between them in my shaves. If I took a blind test I don't think I could tell them apart. In other words, LASS is a great soap and a great value if you want to try MdC but don't want to spend the money.

I have used LA Shaving Soaps as well as MdC. I don't have any LASS right now but I do have some MdC. The only reason I kept the MdC and don't have the LASS is because I feel there's a "specialness" that the MdC has just for being what it is. The performance has been identical between them in my shaves. If I took a blind test I don't think I could tell them apart. In other words, LASS is a great soap and a great value if you want to try MdC but don't want to spend the money.
You answered the question I was just about to post! Thank you. :thumbup1:

I had the Bespoke and Bay rum, for me they didn't match the performance of MDC however it is was dam close and if I did have them here with me again I surely be proud of them to stay in my rotation no problem.

I think that LASS is fantastic! It's in my top 5 favorite soaps, hands down. I've only used the Woody Lavender, Bay Rum, and Spring Street, and they're all outstanding scents (strong and lasts throughout the entire shave) and equally outstanding performers. So far, the Woody Lavender is the one I prefer most; indeed, it may well be one of the best smelling soaps I've ever tried. I've got the Bespoke en rte; looking forward to trying it.

The Myrkvior (or whatever it's called), is fantastic. Is an interesting scent & performs like a champ.

I just got a tub of that and I'm going to have to try it again as my Initial reaction was that it is a bizarre scent. Thanks for the inspiration.
By the way, the performance was excellent.

Top Bottom