What's new

Anyone have a Green Lizard? How about an Emde Bros

I want to know how fragile the etch is on these blades. I need to knock corrosion off of the faces, tang and spine (a bit more than is picking up), and I really don't want to harm the lizard. He is carrying the cool factor of this blade on his back.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I also picked up this EMDE Bros German blade today. I need to knock off comparable levels of corrosion and am thinking of how to preserve the etch best I can. Tape both off?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Some people have posted success with evap-o-rust from auto parts stores in lightening the corrosion--if I had one like the second one you posted and I really wanted to save the etch, I'd give that a try. I haven't tried it myself.

I agree with doc about the lizard--it looks similar to a few etched imperial cutlertly co razors I have sanded. Fairly deep etching--it would take quite a bit of aggressive sanding to make it disappear and you'd be able to see it getting close. The other looks like the etch is just on the surface and would disappear faster than the corrosion but I have not had any firsthand experience with etching like this yet.

Top Bottom