What's new

How About Them 9mms?

I have three 9mm pistols. All Sigs, P226, P229 and P239.

I'm kind of sorta looking for a SIG 225 single stack. They're out there but just haven't decided to bite off on one yet.

Meantime, this old thing has been all over the world with me.
proxy.php

Took her to the first dance and several since. Probably take her to the last one. It's gotten my **** out of the wringer on more than one occasion. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the only time it ever had to come out of the holster again was to clean and oil it till the day I die.

That Springfield looks good.

I'll never own one as I had a bad experience with SA many years back and they soured me on their service. I hope they've gotten their act together since then.

That Springfield looks good.

I'll never own one as I had a bad experience with SA many years back and they soured me on their service. I hope they've gotten their act together since then.

Everyone speaks highly of Kimber 1911's but I shot one at the range yesterday and it jammed twice big time in only 25 rounds. Won't be buying one. YMMV literally applies to everything I guess!
What do you like Wullie?

My personal favorite 9mm, not that popular anymore with all the new guns on the market, but it's my baby. I added the walnut grips, but other than that it's just a stock 92

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 279
I'm kind of sorta looking for a SIG 225 single stack. They're out there but just haven't decided to bite off on one yet.

Meantime, this old thing has been all over the world with me.
proxy.php

Took her to the first dance and several since. Probably take her to the last one. It's gotten my **** out of the wringer on more than one occasion. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the only time it ever had to come out of the holster again was to clean and oil it till the day I die.

There's something about a well used, well loved Hi Power. The newer platforms make more sense from a coldly logical standpoint, but a trusted companion that's been there and shows the mileage transcends logic.

That pistol has soul. Great picture and great story.

FWIW, that's why I focused on living on the Virginia side of the greater DC area. I never thought I'd completely rule out a huge potential living area based on firearms regulations, but I like my black rifle and want to be able to get another at some point.

There are actually some black rifles you can still buy that are MD compliant. It has to have a heavy barrel, 29 inch overall length, and 10 round mag. If you buy a 30 round mag in another state, you can use the high cap mag in your rifle. You just can't buy/sell hi cap mags in MD.

I own a Sig M11-A1. It's the civilian model of the M11. It has the same dimensions as the P229, with moderate differences to the frame (rounded trigger guard, no rail), but it's got a short reset trigger, phosphate coated internals and night sites. The thing shoots so smooth. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it, and I'd recommend it to anyone who will listen.

Browning Hi-Ppwer, Mine has been accurized with Bar Sto barrel, Magazine safety removed, Precision CDC machineed hammer and sear, extended safety and slide release, and low profile adjustable rear sight. This gun fits my hand better than anything I have or have tried.

Browning Hi-Ppwer, Mine has been accurized with Bar Sto barrel, Magazine safety removed, Precision CDC machineed hammer and sear, extended safety and slide release, and low profile adjustable rear sight. This gun fits my hand better than anything I have or have tried.

Sounds sweet. How about a pic?

My old Hi-Power will shoot a minute of man, which is all I care about. And it'll shoot that way full of grit/mud/snow. It rattles a bit, but not enough to bother me. The magazine safety is the ONLY thing I dislike about those guns but so far, I've been able live with it. ;)

I've got an old Polish 35 VIS that I love too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vis_pistol
Parts are hard to come by and the springs are WWII. I don't trust it for every day use but I drag it out and shoot every year or three. It's smooth as silk and you can run it one handed everything from jacking the slide on your pants leg to chamber or clear a jam and it has a de-cocker. Mine is an early one with the take down latch. At some point in WWII, the grips were replaced with plexi-glass from a crashed plane according to my father who brought it back from Italy when he came home after WWII. He won it and an Italian 9mm 1910 Glisenti auto in a card game.

The Glisenti shot an oddball 9mm that was loaded to much lower pressure than the 9MM Parabellum. He traded it off for something when I was a teenager in the 60's best I recall.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My personal favorite 9mm, not that popular anymore with all the new guns on the market, but it's my baby. I added the walnut grips, but other than that it's just a stock 92
After the 1911, the Baretta is my second favorite handgun in the looks department.

Someday Glock is finally going to get with the program and make a compact single-stack 9mm. Why they choose to be so far behind the curve is one of the great mysteries of all time.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Someday Glock is finally going to get with the program and make a compact single-stack 9mm. Why they choose to be so far behind the curve is one of the great mysteries of all time.

And make it with a more ergonomically angled grip. Like a 1911 angle. I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)

And make it with a more ergonomically angled grip. Like a 1911 angle. I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)

I'd settle for a decent trigger pull. Every Glock that I've ever shot had a trigger pull that felt like a rusty steel bar being pulled through a bed of broken glass.

Top Bottom