What's new

Shavemac silvertip D01 two or three band?

Can someone break down the differences between the 2,band and 3 band please. I'm ordering a brush from Rudy Vey and need to figure this part out

The two band will indeed be quite firm with a bit of scritch. The three band will have ample backbone for face lathering due to its density and will have very little to no scritch. I prefer the latter as it is more than capable of providing a nice massage while building lather on my face.

The silvertip D01 (3 band) is brand new. There is not much info about it at this time.

The 2 bander is the brush in my den that has the toughest backbone.

If you are not very sure I would recommend the 3 band as being in the normal silvertip range, albeit with lots of backbone.

The silvertip D01 (3 band) is brand new. There is not much info about it at this time.

The 2 bander is the brush in my den that has the toughest backbone.

If you are not very sure I would recommend the 3 band as being in the normal silvertip range, albeit with lots of backbone.

Just a clarification: The DO1-3 band has been around. I had one in bulb and ended up selling it due to slight scritch that wouldn't fade. It's very dense and a very nice knot, I just don't like even a hint of scritch. What is new is the regular silvertip 2 band; not to be confused with the DO1-2 band. I've got one of the new regular silvertip 2 bands (fan), and it has very soft tips, and has nice backbone. I also have a plain ole regular silvertip (fan), and it has slightly less backbone than the new regular 2 band, but not floppy by any means. I like both. And I also have a new Finest, which I really, really like also.

Good luck. Shavemac is top notch, for sure.

Just a clarification: The DO1-3 band has been around. I had one in bulb and ended up selling it due to slight scritch that wouldn't fade. It's very dense and a very nice knot, I just don't like even a hint of scritch. What is new is the regular silvertip 2 band; not to be confused with the DO1-2 band. I've got one of the new regular silvertip 2 bands (fan), and it has very soft tips, and has nice backbone. I also have a plain ole regular silvertip (fan), and it has slightly less backbone than the new regular 2 band, but not floppy by any means. I like both. And I also have a new Finest, which I really, really like also.

Good luck. Shavemac is top notch, for sure.
You are right of course. The 2 band silvertip is new. Sorry for any confusion - bad focus from me! I don't have that one - yet!

Shavemac is top notch for sure!

My Shavemacs: 2 band D01, 3 band D01, silvertip and finest​

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Shavemac grades get confusing, for sure. BTW, you've got an impressive collection of Shavemacs - nice pic. Both of those DO1 handles are especially cool!

2 band, I have to send deposit weds. Haven't decided on handle. Been looking through his forum pages, trying to decide. He'll be back friday

2 band, I have to send deposit weds. Haven't decided on handle. Been looking through his forum pages, trying to decide. He'll be back friday

Cool - I recently got two Shavemacs from Rudy, and I really like them. I got one with an AS3M handle, and the other with a PJ. I think I actually like the AS3M ever so slightly better just because it's a bit taller than the PJ. Both awesome. We'll be expecting pix in a few weeks!

Top Bottom