What's new

So endeth my experiment with Arko

I picked up a tub of Arko on ebay for 5 bucks last week. I decided to give it a shot yesterday.

I wasn't a big fan of the smell, but didn't think it was too bad. As I was shaving, I asked my wife what she thought of how it smelled.

She said I smelled like the inside of a piece of PVC pipe. :lol:

Arko...a great soap that can also double in a pinch as plumber's paste. Come to think of it, I've got a tube of pipe dope somewhere in my garage that looks remarkably like my tube of Arko.

I gave Arko a try last week and at first my wife thought it smelled weird. Then I told her about the its urinal cake reputation. Once that thought got in her head she vetoed the Arko permanently. And thus endeth my Arko story.

I've got a twice used tub up as part of a PIF soon, BTW. 😊

I immediately went for urinal cakes personally but I can see her point behind the pvc pipe though lol.

Jasus no don't skip it, once you lather it up it's quite scentless though the smell is only light. I don't notice it once it's on my face.
I'm very interested in trying cella as a soap.

From what I can tell there are no "bad" or "low quality" soaps out there but what works for one person isn't 100% guaranteed to work for you. Needless to say though I guess I should still mention it YMMV.

Arko lathers up great, much better than my proraso white although that lathers good too. Nice and slick Arko give me a great shave so far at least. Don't knock it till ya try it.

Every soap has an aroma, whether it smells like simple soap ingredients or fragrances. Arko is kind of unique, but I think its a good unique. Lemony/citrus.
There are plenty of other soaps out there that smell way worse, cost much more, and do not perform as well as Arko.

+1 on the soap smelling like soap. Plus it works great. I use it for travel. Just peel it back and rub on face followed by brush.

Great discription. If the wife ain't lovin it save it for camping or whatever. You can always double up on the after shave.

Great discription. If the wife ain't lovin it save it for camping or whatever. You can always double up on the after shave.
Or just wait a while. My wife used to not like Tabac, said it reminded her of her father whatever that means. So the Tabac aged a bit and mellowed, and when I started using it again I did not say anything like "This is the soap you used to dislike". And guess what. Now she really likes the scent.

Arko reminds me of saddle soap, or new shoe smell.
Its a light smell, and it will not compete with any afershaves. Its like your goofy friend that you have that you know would not try to sleep with your wife. You can wear it to church without being reminded of the friday night prior.
Akro is for sinners And saints.

Top Bottom