What's new

lKon razors customer satisfaction survey

From personal experience, how happy are you with IKon razors?

• 5 stars (extremely happy)

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Another clarification, I'm not going to be able to manually tally written out votes for these surveys ... especially since I wouldn't be able to reconcile them with votes also cast in the checkbox polls (side note: (actually "radio buttons" as you can only choose one, but I'm a geek).

Only votes cast in the checkbox/radiobutton polls will be countable in these satisfaction surveys.

So, it is possible (although as they are anonymous I can not say either way) that people mentioned the owner in the thread replies, but did not actually vote in the poll ... hopefully diffusing this debate somewhat.

Also, there was a thread devoted to pre-planning these polls that was open for 10 days before the polls opened on Friday:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ufacturer-Razor-Customer-Satisfaction-Surveys

That would have been the place where I would have preferred to discuss the questions and structure in the surveys.....

To be fair, we have members (possibly those who have made comments) that don't sign on within a 10 day window, let alone be able to find that thread and formulate a cohesive response within the 10 day window.

Overall, I suggest people just go with your suggestion and interpret the poll to mean what they think it means and be done with it.

I'm voting four stars on the strength of the iKon hardware I've bought (one razor, two handles). The razor was from the BST, but both handles came from iKon direct with fast shipping and no problems.

Based on my direct experience with iKon as a customer I have no complaints. My opinion of the owner and his treatment of others is outwith the scope of this survey. That said, if iKon release some new piece of hardware I can't live without I will support one of my preferred vendors (Connaught Shaving or Executive Shaving to name but two) secure in the knowledge that if there's a problem they will look after me.

Don't have customer service experience. Bought the OC from Bullgoose and wasn't too impressed with the shaves. Was sold and my last ikon.

I have had zero contact or communication with Mr Ikon. I do own an OSS. For me, it is not my best shave, or even second best. YMMV of course. I am surprised to see very little response aimed at the hardware.

Simply stated, it rust. Perhaps It is just my particular razor, and others aren't having this problem- but I doubt it. In reading his web sight the purpose for DLC on his new razors is rust. So one would expect rust to be an issue his razors are having.

He is blaming the rust on "poor quality steel" used in razor blades. I'm using feathers, they don't rust my AS-D2, Weber, or EJ razors (nor do the Israeli red persona blades). Further more, I find rust in the threads where the head screws onto the the handle - no blades come on contact in that area, and no stains running into the handle. No rust on the blade, yet plenty in the threads. I change the reds every 2-3 shaves, and every time I find new rust in the threads. It requires a lot of effort to clean that rust out and I don't use the OSS because of that. None of my other razors show any oxidation. Maddison Ave. would say "advertise your weakness.

Regardless of the man, I find the hardware bellow par. Defiantly not what I expect from a "modern" stainless steel razor.

For these reasons, I would cast a no vote, and have no confidence in another purchase.

Bought my slant off the bay, it's a Gen 1 (non-DLC) model, so no dealings at all with the company itself. Yes, I read through some of the posts on Ikon's customer service which steered me away from buying directly from the manufacturer. As I wanted the original model, it wasn't a hard decision.

Rated the slant at 5 stars, it's definitely in my top 3 razors.

I wonder how many people vote, yet dont even own an iKon or have owned one. Seems like a lot of people get on the hate bandwagon for iKon. I gave them a 5 as they were great to deal with and I had zero issues

Glad I bought my DLC Slant before I read this thread. So far, I'm totally satisfied with the razor. Have gotten the best shaves of my life from it. I have run into one issue and watched the video explaining how to install a blade (Who knew I would have to relearn how to put a blade in a razor?). Because of the drastic curvature the blade takes when the top is screwed down, the blade may install with more exposure on one side. I've actually found this to be an advantage. I shave first with the most aggressive side, then a follow-up pass with the smoother side, so I haven't tried to keep the blade equidistant from both edges. Works for me. I also love the weight and the grip on the handle.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've not ever tried an Ikon.

When I returned to wet shaving I chose a Merkur 38C . . . a bit before the first Ikon was built. Price wise the first Ikon seemed a bit high when I first saw it. But there were other razors such as the Merkur future that were more than I was willing to pay.

I like the concept. . . stainless steel . . . not chrome plated pot metal.

A lot of folk are getting into making DE razors. Granted some on the marketing side only selling pretty bad stuff.

That being said I picked up a set of three newly produced DE razors for 20-30 bucks. Two of the razors were very close in performance to my 38c.

More selection is coming online. Ikon remains an option . . . probably at the higher end price wise.

I'm more interested in the new stuff from some other sources.

Unlike the Aggressiveness Poll, these Brand Satisfaction polls are anonymous. Because of this, any written out votes in replies can't be counted in the final results (although this thread will still of course persist for any who wish to read the details of why people voted the way they did).

Please use a tablet or computer and be sure to fill out the checkbox-containing poll so your vote can be counted!

Thanks!
Shawn

I bought both my iKons from Connaught Shaving, both of which have been persona non grata on this board. Have had nothing but good experiences with both these companies :blushing:

Since the results in our poll here were thought of as very controversial (both by some at B&B and by many at a different shaving forum), I ended up omitting them from the compiled results with a note:

Please note: IKon razors were included in the polls, but the results of their poll are questioned by many due to the polarized survey responses. For information on this brand, please examine IKon's poll and comments as a whole, and understand that this is a point of controversy.

Having just completed a second set of brand satisfaction surveys at another shaving forum, I thought I'd update this thread with the results from a perhaps less-controversial comparison with I Kon....

Stars | %5-Star | Brand
4.5 | 64% | Above the Tie
4.1 | 45% | Feather
4.0 | 54% | Pils
4.0 | 47% | Weber
3.8 | 38% | I Kon

Notes:

• This survey focused only on stainless steel razors
  • Some members of B&B are also active members in the other forum
  • Only 9% of responses selected 1 star ... so the results were not nearly as polarized

Please note, I am not wanting to bring up the flame war on this again. I just thought some I Kon owners might appreciate this additional info....

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these new results, Shawn. I think most here would agree… the above results are EXACTLY what I think most of us would predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom