What's new

End of The Road For Conway Stewart ?

The are trying to sell the name. and only the name as the company has apparently sold off all its physical property. A long standing brand that has had some issues in modern times.

$conway-stewart-wordsworth-classic-brown.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the end of an era.

Edit: and it probably will make the prices of vintage CS pens jump.

Last edited:
Someone may pick up the name to continue with them, but with all the rod stock gone and machines really they would pretty much be starting from scratch pen wise

I think Mabie Todd did the same thing. It reminds me of reviving a Swiss watch brand and trading in on the name to add a legitimate although unconnected history to the brand. Croton and Elgin come to mind.

I think Mabie Todd did the same thing. It reminds me of reviving a Swiss watch brand and trading in on the name to add a legitimate although unconnected history to the brand. Croton and Elgin come to mind.

Unfortunately selling reputations is more lucrative than selling workmanship ...

So sad. I'm nearing the end of my doctoral thesis and was going to reward myself with a CS. I've admired their pens for years. I admire their desire for quality and beauty - scarce in our economy.

So sad. I'm nearing the end of my doctoral thesis and was going to reward myself with a CS. I've admired their pens for years. I admire their desire for quality and beauty - scarce in our economy.

Padre we have had a few members who would not only argue about there quality... but also their support behind their problems, which you will never hear about on FPN as the mood of that are is the American rep for CS and doesn't allow people to complain about the brand, there are other brands with long histories you may come to find as well

It's always said to see a great old company disappear. I hope they do not sell their brand to a crew that will try to live off the brand's reputation and do nothing to sustain and improve that same brand.

The good news is you have a good number of great makers still out here making excellent products. A great pen is a fine way to commemorate a successful doctoral defense. What's your thesis title?

I thought i underatood the tools and lathes and engraver are already gone... i wanted the laser... but Canada said no... actually they said hell no with a lot more exuberance then i xan convey typing but needless to say... no lasers

Top Bottom