What's new

Cella: Reformulated or Not, It's Still Amazing.

I had a shave this morning with Cella. My new tub has the new ingredients list that people have been talking about lately wondering whether it was reformulated or if the label is just reflecting some new EU standards for labeling.

Whether it's reformulated or not, I can't say. What I can say is that it's still amazing. Shave on gentlemen, and buy Cella without fear. It's still amazing.

So you did not notice any difference? This is a good sign indeed. Perhaps it was just indeed labeling requirements.

Nope, no difference at all. It looks, smells, lathers, and performs exactly like I remember it. If they've made any changes, they are the right kind of changes.

I had a shave this morning with Cella. My new tub has the new ingredients list that people have been talking about lately wondering whether it was reformulated or if the label is just reflecting some new EU standards for labeling.

Whether it's reformulated or not, I can't say. What I can say is that it's still amazing. Shave on gentlemen, and buy Cella without fear. It's still amazing.

I never knew it was reformulated. :blushing: I think its great, and I just bought my first tub 2 weeks ago. So its gotta be the new version. I think its great too! :thumbup1:

Nope, no difference at all. It looks, smells, lathers, and performs exactly like I remember it.

I have to say, I'm not the biggest cella fan out there, but it is a great soap, and I know a lot of people will be very happy to hear this. Thanks for letting us know :thumbup1:

This thread's been up for close to four and a half hours, and Marco hasn't yet weighed in:001_rolle
I've been using/abusing my little red tub exclusively all month and haven't had a bad shave yet. I've made a serious dent in the Cella (literally thanks to the Marco Method), and I just may have to break down and get me a kilo block. Which means a trip to Costco for the that vacuum sealer thingy that taunts me!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Here's hoping that your allergy to it doesn't kick back in. If it does, try it maybe once or twice a week.

I must have gotten an overly strong scented tub last time. I'm having no troubles with this one. I don't know why the last one gave me trouble. I've shaved through a tub and part of a brick of this stuff before with no trouble.

I just bought some. I really like the scent, the latherability, and the shave. Plus, it's Italian, which is a win in my book (Italian heritage here).

Unfortunately, my skin seems to react to it. If that is a consistent pattern, it may have to go on my "no more Cella for me" list. :thumbdown

There are Italian non-marzipan soaps as well. You might want to try some of those?

I always wondered, what with Almond being so common and classic in Italian shaving, what do Italian men who are sensitive to Almond use? Say you walked into a traditional barber for a shave and they were using Cella or Valobra or P.160, you've got to ask for an alternative right?

I always wondered, what with Almond being so common and classic in Italian shaving, what do Italian men who are sensitive to Almond use? Say you walked into a traditional barber for a shave and they were using Cella or Valobra or P.160, you've got to ask for an alternative right?

Proraso, I guess.

This thread's been up for close to four and a half hours, and Marco hasn't yet weighed in:001_rolle
I've been using/abusing my little red tub exclusively all month and haven't had a bad shave yet. I've made a serious dent in the Cella (literally thanks to the Marco Method), and I just may have to break down and get me a kilo block. Which means a trip to Costco for the that vacuum sealer thingy that taunts me!

A large zip-lock bag and a straw to suck out the air is fine, IMO. Unless, that is, you were looking for an excuse to by the vacuum sealer from Costco...:001_rolle

Top Bottom