What's new

The Goodwill

So shimming is done to make it more aggressive?

Do you shim the top to make the blade flatter, or the bottom to raise the blade and increase the gap/exposure?

So shimming is done to make it more aggressive?

Do you shim the top to make the blade flatter, or the bottom to raise the blade and increase the gap/exposure?

Shims are placed under the blade you're using. Usually increases both gap and exposure. Some people, myself included, like to shim the Old Type razors (and others, such as the New Improved and even the NEWs) because we believe this way they perform as they were meant to perform back then.

Shims are placed under the blade you're using. Usually increases both gap and exposure. Some people, myself included, like to shim the Old Type razors (and others, such as the New Improved and even the NEWs) because we believe this way they perform as they were meant to perform back then.

Because the old blades were stiffer?

I've got a Goodwill inbound from the Bay. I've been wanting one with that Art Deco head for quite some time. Finally pulled the trigger.

Well as luck would have it, it arrived today. You can start drooling now!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411160313.932776.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411160331.891546.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411160340.795788.jpg

How is it that no one has posted the packaging that the Goodwills came in yet? The name isn't a nickname that we made up after the fact; it came straight from Gillette. The deal was that the razor came with the purchase of a pack of Gillette's NEW blades.

proxy.php

Those Goodwill look really nice, I would like to get my hands on one of those too.
Being Mr.NEW in surprised you don't have a Goodwill NEW yet as you seem to have every other NEW ever made. It's a great shaver BTW (but you already knew that ;-)

Top Bottom