What's new

Which brushes are underrated?

Does anyone out there have a brush that they believe is underrated?

I've got this Omega 6234 Silvertip brush that is simply a pleasure to use. The knot is a fluffy pillow with very soft tips, and the handle is quite comfortable in hand. There is something about the shape of the knot that lends itself to whipping lather very efficiently in a bowl. It's 22/55 but I don't find it floppy. I've used it plenty to face lather as well and it does a fine job.

$IMAG0871-1.jpg

I don't see a lot of traffic on Simpsons Milk Churn.
I think it is a wonderful brush.

Attachments

• $DSC_0902_1230.jpg
    $DSC_0902_1230.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 591
I don't see a lot of traffic on Simpsons Milk Churn.
I think it is a wonderful brush.

I'm not really a Simpsons guy but I love the look of the Milk Churn. One day I may need to get one (and a chubby 2 (and an M7)).

Any Omega badger. Yes I'm a well-known fan of them, and it's for a reason. They are awesome and won't break the bank. And who cares about lofty? Is it written in stone that a brush knot that's bigger than a 1:2 ratio CAN'T be a good lathering brush for face AND bowl?

Vie Long badgers too.

I'll say that Parker makes really nice shave brushes, and I think they get ignored at times. I use my two Parker brushes proudly in my rotation of five brushes without any problems. I would and likely will buy from them again. :)

As far as synthetic brushes, the Kent Infinity is certainly underrated. Well-made, great performing, under $25, and it's a Kent!

My Frank Shaving Silvertip, continually surprises me. Very soft, very efficient and damn good value at AUD45.

WSP Prince 2 band Silvertip. Thater's and Simpsons have come and gone, but the lowly Prince hangs tough. Great palm latherer.

$IMG_20140920_103826 (640x640).jpg

Shavemac brushes with Finest knots. 70% Silvertip and 30% Pure equals a pretty soft brush with better backbone than a Silvertip and without the scritch of a D01.

Top Bottom