What's new

In light of a different thread.

How often are you changing your blades?

• Every. Single. Shave. (New blade or no blade!)

• 2-3 shaves (It's a few cents...it's not gonna break the bank!)

• 4-5 shaves (Optimal usage peaking.. Can't. take. it. much. longer.)

• 6+ shaves (That's what a styptic pencil is for... Isn't it?)

• I won't be limited by these arbitrary numbers... I'll change it as I see fit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Blade changes... How often are you changing your DE blades?

I've set this up as a poll as I'm curious what kind of life people are getting out of their blades.

Blade changes... How often are you changing your DE blades?

I've set this up as a poll as I'm curious what kind of life people are getting out of their blades.

7 +/- days with a DE blade

10 +/- days with a SE blade or Injector blade

14 +/- days with a disposable straight blade (Cobra)

I keep my DE and SE blades out of the razor on the counter. Injector and Cobra get the blades kept in them until they need to be changed as it is more difficult to remove those blades after each shave

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
2 rarely 3. Switching it up is how I like it. Although that Gillette silver blue this morning was stellar and could have made it easily to 3 or 4.

I change the blade when it doesn't cut good enough.

I measure this by the amount of stubble after 24 hours. I tend to use my blades in weekly intervals. Depending on which blade I use I change it every three to seven weeks. Most blades I use for four or five weeks of daily shaves.

The important thing for me is that the quality of the shaves is maintained. Nothing would make me jeopardize my daily BBS shave!

Not nearly enough range in your poll - I get 30-40 shaves from pretty much any blade. I voted "I won't be limited...", since I'm not. I replace the blade when it's no longer giving me excellent, easy shaves. :001_smile

I got skin that is easily irritable and hair that his thick and curly, so I'll give a blade 2 or 3 shaves before I toss it. Im not going to risk saving 10 cents for a bad shave

For me it depends on the brand of blade. Here is when I change them:

Feather: 2
Pesonna Reds: 3-4
Lord: 4
Astras: 4
Personna Labs and Med Preps: 5

I change every 5 - 6 shaves. Rotate on every fifth calendars day -- stretch out one more day for 31st day of a month..... OCD, I BEG YOUR PARDON!

There's a wonderful sense of freedom from constraints that DE blades are so cheap that I don't have to worry about blades that can go 3 vs. 20 shaves. I always dump them after 2 or 3 and plan to keep doing that. Why should I ever have to get the sense of blades going dull in the middle of the shave just to save pennies? For me, it's one of the most powerful attractions of DE shaving vs. cartridges. I would continue doing this even if the shaves weren't any more pleasurable or closer just for the ease of blade switching.

Not nearly enough range in your poll - I get 30-40 shaves from pretty much any blade. I voted "I won't be limited...", since I'm not. I replace the blade when it's no longer giving me excellent, easy shaves. :001_smile

You voted for the appropriate selection for your blade longevity, I'd say. :001_smile

I change my blade every Monday or if it's giving me any issues, whichever comes first. That can be 5-7 shaves, depending on if I spend the weekend at my country house.

I have a full set of shave gear at the farm and change the blade the first shave of each month or if it's giving me any issues, whichever comes first. Depending on how many weekends I get to be out there, that can be 6-8 shaves.

Top Bottom