What's new

Finally got a sniff of a few Creed Frags in person - Not for me

I'm at the Greenbrier in WV this week for a conference and at their mens shop they carry the full line of Creed. I've smelled a few Creed Accords and I have Fine Platinum AS. I decided to sample the GIT, Oud, and Vetiver. None of them did it for me. The Vetiver wasn't spicy enough for me (TFGV is a favorite of mine), and the GIT wasn't fern-y enough. In a way I'm glad because my weak will power wouldn't have been able to prevent me from buying a bottle if I would have like them.

I'm at the Greenbrier in WV this week for a conference and at their mens shop they carry the full line of Creed. I've smelled a few Creed Accords and I have Fine Platinum AS. I decided to sample the GIT, Oud, and Vetiver. None of them did it for me. The Vetiver wasn't spicy enough for me (TFGV is a favorite of mine), and the GIT wasn't fern-y enough. In a way I'm glad because my weak will power wouldn't have been able to prevent me from buying a bottle if I would have like them.

You didn't smell Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Erolfa, Bois du Portugal, SMW, Himalaya, etc.?

Aventus was actually the only one I had smelled previously. I may head back to sniff some of the others but that could be a bad idea!

The other thing I'd do is ask for samples of a couple ones you think you might like. They really do evolve on the skin. Even if you don't want to spend the money on Creed, at least you get a scent journey for a couple of days.

I can understand the draw for Creed, but after owning/sampling most of the line the only ones that I really had to own are GIT, Millesime Imperial, and Bois du Portugal. I also love Original Santal, but Mont Blanc Individuel is so similar that it just didn't make sense to pay 4 times the price.

TFGV is very nice. If you like a spicy vetiver, try Castle Forbes Reserve Vetiver. Nice pepper note. Great vetiver frag.

I don't know about you guys but not only do I love the scent of Aventus, the women really do as well. Suffice it to say that my wife really LOVES the scent.

I don't know about you guys but not only do I love the scent of Aventus, the women really do as well. Suffice it to say that my wife really LOVES the scent.

Since I never tried the real Creed Aventus (and unfortunately, wouldn't be able to afford it), I have been really happy with Fine Platinum as an AS and Lomani AB Silver. Lomani also comes in a rather impressive metal box and bottle, seemingly much nicer packaging that a $25 cologne would seem.

I'm curious. Why did you think Green Irish Tweed should have been more "fern-y" than what it was and always has been?
Cheers,
Renato

"The Vetiver wasn't spicy enough for me (TFGV is a favorite of mine)"

Scents are so subjective. I really don't understand TFGV, and it's so well loved. For me it's really "meh." OTOH, I think Creed Original Vetiver is amazing.

That's why I never blind buy except for decants and samples.

I went to the new Nordstroms at our local mall and had my first opportunity to smell Creed fragrances. And to be honest, Creed Vetiver and Creed Aventus were a bit disappointing, and I was happy I preferred my own Guerlain Vetiver and (!) Lomani AB Silver. So I was surprsed and happy to be able to hold onto my hard earned and meager $$$.

The bad news... Creed GIT and Royal Oud were "all that". Ruh roh...

Top Bottom