What's new

Get ready for the 'Saint' Sue Moore Auction

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just realized how stoopid that sounded! Apologies, I love auctions n got all flustered. What I meant was is it an on- forum deal or on a seperate site? Is it blind or do u see bids etc and one last thing, I'm new to the shaving side of things but I'm stocked on cigars ( my other 'hobby' ) can I 'donate' or due to the nature of baccy are they prohibited ?

There is a link in the first post here to past auctions. It is hosted right here on B&B.

Tobacco will not and can not be apart of the auction. We do have a Brown Leaf Stock exchange here where you can TRADE or PIF your cigars and pipe tobacco. Sales are prohibited.

Cigars in a Cancer Care Auction? Not sure how well those for together but who knows.

There may have been some pipes in the past, I don't recall.

Well I figured as it was breast cancer awareness rather than lung, and as there is a tobacco related sub-forum..
Apologies if I've led to offence, I / mod can delete, I don't wish to upset

There is a link in the first post here to past auctions. It is hosted right here on B&B.

Tobacco will not and can not be apart of the auction. We do have a Brown Leaf Stock exchange here where you can TRADE or PIF your cigars and pipe tobacco. Sales are prohibited.

Thankyou for that, again apologies if I've inadvertently caused upset, not my intention just figured it was all I had of value to donate- there's always cash I suppose .
Sorry

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thankyou for that, again apologies if I've inadvertently caused upset, not my intention just figured it was all I had of value to donate- there's always cash I suppose .
Sorry

No worries. I'm not offended.
Carry on!

No worries. I'm not offended.
Carry on!
Neither was I and deleted my comment (but already been quoted)...sorry @Bigboned and everyone else.

I'm not sure of the rules and regulations for selling cigars and tobacco and there may be some restrictions and limitations on them (see above)....when in doubt, ignore me and ask someone who knows. :blush:

I guess in the end, any and all money raised is going towards a great cause.

Can't wait for some of the teasers to start rolling out.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Jjking54 guessed half right, then about 7 minutes later TheVez2 and Mike H both got it exactly. I'm thinking they peeked at my gallery and saw it. So it will be donated. Heck, I got no use for the thing :001_rolle

captp

Auction Donation Form filled in and submitted. Jason, if there's anything wrong or missing, let me know. Hoping I got the URL for the pics right.

captp

I can barely wait to see what all is offered up for auction. Just wish I could afford to bid.

Okay, I too peeked at the Gallery and was too ignorant to know what was of value there! :laugh:

Andy: Check out the link to last year's auction. By the time I was done perusing it, I had a pretty good idea what was going on.

I do still have a couple questions:
1. It looked like all the different lots (139 of them last year!) had different start dates, end dates, and durations. Do we just keep watching to see what there is?
2. It's kind of a pain in the butt getting through the lots. They don't come up in order on the forum. I organized them by name, which sorted them by lot number, but even that wasn't perfect, since 139 comes before 2 in that scheme. Am I missing a better way?
3. Related to #2, are the lots random or is there a method to the madness (first all the brushes, then all the starter kits, then all the razors, etc). Although the amazing ivory brush handle was fairly early, the lots didn't seem to go in order of perceived greatest value on down. Maybe randomness is the point so you have to look through everything???

The auctions are all created behind the scenes ahead of time. Then when the auction starts they are made public. That accounts for the weird start times. They all have a set end time, as described in the auction announcement, but that time will be pushed if there is active bidding. That way no sniping is allowed.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
O
2. It's kind of a pain in the butt getting through the lots. They don't come up in order on the forum. I organized them by name, which sorted them by lot number, but even that wasn't perfect, since 139 comes before 2 in that scheme. Am I missing a better way?
No better way that I know of. The threads "bump" to the top with new bids so even if we put the auctions in order they will be out of order soon after the auction starts.

docholliday77 said:
3. Related to #2, are the lots random or is there a method to the madness (first all the brushes, then all the starter kits, then all the razors, etc). Although the amazing ivory brush handle was fairly early, the lots didn't seem to go in order of perceived greatest value on down. Maybe randomness is the point so you have to look through everything???

the lots are random and not set up by any value.

Top Bottom