What's new

Tried Valobra today for the first time

I ordered a puck of Valobra shave soap from WCS and tried it this morning for the first time. This is my first fougere scented product and I wasn't sure what to expect. The scent is very nice and not overpowering. I chose my Shaver Joe 24mm fine badger brush and was easily able to build a nice lather on my face. This soap is very slick and provided a great shave. I am now curious on how the Valobra soft soaps are.

I have been wanting to try this product for awhile and I am glad that I finally decided to give it a shot. If you were like me and wanting to try this soap, don't wait. You will not be disappointed!

View attachment 497224

Good to hear, they were out at the super market last time I was there, but I have been hearing great things about it. Im going to have to see if they have stocked up!! +1 Cool photo!

If you've used Cella, then you know how Valobra soft soap will be. They perform nearly identically, despite Valobra having no tallow.

I love the Valobra stick, and can't wait to try their fougere. Thanks for the post!

I Also have not tried the puck, but use (and highly recommend), the shave stick on a regular basis - great stuff.

On a side note, thank you for your service, and great photo!

-s

I have the stick, the menthol soft soap and the almond kilo brick. All of them are spectacular! Actually Valobra almond kilo brick is the best almond soap from Italy, IMO.

I have Valobra Patchouly, and I'm confident in saying that it is one of the best soaps I've ever used. The only other hard puck that I think compares as far as performance goes is Tabac; its just great stuff all around.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I've had the stick, the hard soap, and the almond. The stick and the Fougere hard soap have the same scent. I traded off my 2 fougere hard soaps because they were too strongly scented, and traded them to a person who traded theirs because they were almost unscented! I believe many soap makers aren't getting a good mix with the fragrance because the recipient loved the ones I sent to him.

The almond soap is a soft soap that smells of, well almonds, without the cherry component of Cella, but it's otherwise similar. It's a very nice soap, and not expensive.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
The puck I received isn't too strong or too weak as far as the scent goes. But then again I've yet to receive a soap that I thought was too strongly scented. Once I run out of Cella I think I'll try the valobra soft soap since they seem to be similar in scent and performance.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cool photo.

Never tried the puck but like the shave stick.

Hence, you'll like the puck also my dear Jim. The two soaps (puck and stick) share the same ingredients list and perform exactly the same. The only differences are the scent and, of course, the shape of the soap.

Top Bottom