What's new

Caffeinated Shaving Cream

So the entire can of shaving glop contains the same amount of caffeine as a can of Coke? Not much of a hit going on there even if you use all of it. :huh:

Expensive too.

Last edited:
Caffeinated products are great for your skin. Before I go into a rant, I'll stick with this--it will help to reenergize the skin and improve the appearance of the collagen. Jittery is when you drink coffee, it activates enough cortisol to create the "hit by a bus" effect we all love so dearly. A LOT of women swear by caffeine products for regurgitating the skin around the eye. It's proven to help against wrinkles as well.

Caffeinated products topically will do nothing to alter your mind. That's like saying using a pre shave oil will make you fat. Or using an aftershave will get you drunk.

Last edited:
So the entire can of shaving glop contains the same amount of caffeine as a can of Coke? Not much of a hit going on there even if you use all of it. :huh:

Expensive too.
It's not a can of glop. It's a tube of shave cream you use a brush to lather. On a side note it makes a great super lather.

I don't drink coffee but I don't drink caffeinated sodas like Mountain Dew Pepsi coke etc. I might try this

Just put a Mentos in a bottle of Coke or Pepsi and use all the foam that comes out as shave foam. Boom!!!! cheap and easy caffeinated shave foam.

Caffeinated products are great for your skin. Before I go into a rant, I'll stick with this--it will help to reenergize the skin and improve the appearance of the collagen. Jittery is when you drink coffee, it activates enough cortisol to create the "hit by a bus" effect we all love so dearly. A LOT of women swear by caffeine products for regurgitating the skin around the eye. It's proven to help against wrinkles as well.

Caffeinated products topically will do nothing to alter your mind. That's like saying using a pre shave oil will make you fat. Or using an aftershave will get you drunk.

Now you can go into coffee shops to meet women with this cream. You can try to convince them to shave with it.

The approach of these products is no different from the skin care products that boast the use of "tea." I've seen the PSC products, just haven't had an opportunity to ty yet.

what is the mechanism for caffeine being good for the skin? its known to inhibit the dna damage response by inhibiting ATM/ATR. if you want to protect against skin cancer you clearly want an intact dna damage response.
i have my doubts, actually, that there is a real benefit to caffeine a pubmed search of "caffeine and epidermis" gives you 76 papers. thats hardly anything. "caffeine and collagen" gives you 72 and most are on liver fibrosis and in journals i have never heard of. you have to have a molecular mechanism to make such a claim and there ain't one for caffeine on the skin. given its role, well established role in inhibiting the dna damage response, albeit at high concentrations, i wont put it on my skin.

what is the mechanism for caffeine being good for the skin? its known to inhibit the dna damage response by inhibiting ATM/ATR. if you want to protect against skin cancer you clearly want an intact dna damage response.
i have my doubts, actually, that there is a real benefit to caffeine a pubmed search of "caffeine and epidermis" gives you 76 papers. thats hardly anything. "caffeine and collagen" gives you 72 and most are on liver fibrosis and in journals i have never heard of. you have to have a molecular mechanism to make such a claim and there ain't one for caffeine on the skin. given its role, well established role in inhibiting the dna damage response, albeit at high concentrations, i wont put it on my skin.

Let's get each other's email. I love a good debate. I have a few medical studies and arguments that can make this an interesting get-to-know-you, but doing so here will be at the OP's expense.

Top Bottom