What's new

Schick Injector. I'm hooked

I tried out my Injector for the first time this morning. It was amazing, I got a DFS effortlessly in two quick passes. Everything about this razor is perfect, it shaves better than any of my other razors, it looks cool and it's fun to load the blade in it. I have the old one with the white bakelite handle, now I must have the adjustable version. I am still going to use all of my other razors but I'm going to be tempted to reach for the injector every morning.

I'm with you on that sentiment. I used my Injector L1 again tonight. I think I'm doing half my shaves now with one of my Injectors and no slowing down from what I can see.

Congratulations on your shave. I'm glad that you are enjoying your injector. They work a treat, and I don't use anything else except the occasional SE. I haven't used a DE in more than a year.

Purely injectors and SEs here too. Don't worry once your SE collection starts to grow those DEs will start collecting dust.

My first razor was a Schick Back in the 80's.
Sadly I thought I needed to "trade up" to an Atra and left the Schick behind when I left for the AF.

Yes, the injectors and SE's give amazing shaves.

For me, I can use the same injector blade for about 3 weeks.

I'm hooked. Started with a lovely E2, then wanted to try the 1937 Patent made in Canada because I read here that it's a tad more aggressive. And then, of course, you gotta find out what a G is like, right? So I got a pair of those. And an I2 hydromagic, just because it looks so boss.

They're all great. i gave the Canadian to a friend for his birthday - it was minty looking and shaved very nicely - and put one of the Gs up on the BST because I just can't face having that many choices among what to shave with. I don't think I will shave with a DE again. Straights or SEs for me.

I'm hooked. Started with a lovely E2, then wanted to try the 1937 Patent made in Canada because I read here that it's a tad more aggressive. And then, of course, you gotta find out what a G is like, right? So I got a pair of those. And an I2 hydromagic, just because it looks so boss.

They're all great. i gave the Canadian to a friend for his birthday - it was minty looking and shaved very nicely - and put one of the Gs up on the BST because I just can't face having that many choices among what to shave with. I don't think I will shave with a DE again. Straights or SEs for me.
I love my Canadian! It is more aggressive than the Model I but I don't have an E to compare it to. I've read here on B&B that the Canadian is an E on a G handle. Not sure if that is true. My Canadian spring is pinned in the center, which, I believe is the configuration of the Model G.

Actually, I kinda like the "hard to pin down" dating and history of the Schick injectors. Prevents me from getting caught up in the collector trivia and I just enjoy the shave.

I love my Canadian! It is more aggressive than the Model I but I don't have an E to compare it to. I've read here on B&B that the Canadian is an E on a G handle. Not sure if that is true. My Canadian spring is pinned in the center, which, I believe is the configuration of the Model G.

Actually, I kinda like the "hard to pin down" dating and history of the Schick injectors. Prevents me from getting caught up in the collector trivia and I just enjoy the shave.

The Canadian I had had a solid, seamless bakelite handle and a pinned, G type head, adding to the confusion which, I agree, makes it more about the shave.

The Canadian I had had a solid, seamless bakelite handle and a pinned, G type head, adding to the confusion which, I agree, makes it more about the shave.
I have also seen the statement "The defining characteristic of the Model E is the bakelight handle." I guess that person would label your example as an E!

It seems that tracing the Schick injector history isn't clear cut but I still love my Canadian (and my Models I, J and M) even without knowing the bloodlines!

I also enjoy the Eversharp. It comes in very handy when I need to get a nice shave quickly. Once you get the hang of the injector you can get a nice ,smooth shave ihalf the time of a DE. But make sure you have some practice in before you try to rush a shave with these babies.

I also enjoy the Eversharp. It comes in very handy when I need to get a nice shave quickly. Once you get the hang of the injector you can get a nice ,smooth shave ihalf the time of a DE. But make sure you have some practice in before you try to rush a shave with these babies.

That's my favorite part they just seem very user friendly and allow for quick easy shaves.

I tried out my Injector for the first time this morning. It was amazing, I got a DFS effortlessly in two quick passes. Everything about this razor is perfect, it shaves better than any of my other razors, it looks cool and it's fun to load the blade in it. I have the old one with the white bakelite handle, now I must have the adjustable version. I am still going to use all of my other razors but I'm going to be tempted to reach for the injector every morning.

welcome to the wonderful world of injectors. For me , once I started, that was it. Hooked, yeah one coild say that! enjoy your shaves!!!

My addiction: $P1100388.jpg$P1100393.jpg$P1100485.jpg

It started with an E-2 and 62 later , it's still growing.Hooked? Yeah, you could say that.My fave --E-2. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom