What's new

Waterman Tender Purple: Ink Review

Waterman Paris
Tender Purple

$2014-09-17 21.28.12.jpg

50ml of the most tender purple you will ever use.

$2014-09-17 21.21.19.jpg$2014-09-17 21.21.27.jpg$2014-09-17 21.21.33.jpg

Nice ink flows great and have been using it at work for a few days, which has drawn some fire in the comments from the peanut gallery over the colour... but I dont care, Stand by your ink people. Works nice the colour hits deep on the page but it will shade in some cases. I would certainly buy more inks from this line

Plus these Bottles,... They know how to get down and Boogie, all night long.

BTW First Waterman Ink review, no one has any Waterman Inks out there ?

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice review, James. Thanks!

...no one has any Waterman Inks out there?

Got a few, two vintage blue-blacks and some modern Florida blue (on my third bottle, it's a staple around here) and a modern blue-black. Some of the best flowing inks around, IMO.

The entire line recently got a cheesy name-change. Florida is now called Serenity. I'm still trying to figure that out ... new names for a new market?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent review. I use purple ink for everything; I have for years. Long ago I settled on J. Herbin Violette Pensee as the best and clearest purple/violet (for me.) Check it out on the Goulet Swab Shop. This Waterman is the first in a long time to make me sit up and take notice.

You would be surprised at how many times you will check the tightness of a cap before going forward with that kind of thing

James,

Thank you for this excellent review. I have an older bottle of Waterman Purple from about 7 years ago. It's the same bottle but the label has the white "waves" on it. Is this like a Florida to Serenity Blue kind of thing? In other words, is the Tender Purple the same ink as their older bottles or has it changed?

thanks!

Cool review, nice ink (if you like purple inks) ... what was wrong with the original "Purple" name? I don't need cosy ink names!

My favorite Waterman ink is South Sea Blue (turqoise)

I wish my handwriting was good enough to use a 'real ink' pen! I do currently use a waterman but a rollerball - now I need to find a purple refill.

How I wish I had paid more attention in handwriting class 35 years ago

Give fountain pens a try ... you don't need to have beautiful handwiting to enjoy them!

No seriously! My scrawl is really bad lol, although I could do pretty pictures I guess! - is there such a thing as a beginners fountain pen? Sorry don't answer I'll search first then start a thread. Sorry OP

BigBoned, look up the 101 series on youtube from Goulet Pens. Its about 2 hours of fountain pen info for beginners.

James,

Thank you for this excellent review. I have an older bottle of Waterman Purple from about 7 years ago. It's the same bottle but the label has the white "waves" on it. Is this like a Florida to Serenity Blue kind of thing? In other words, is the Tender Purple the same ink as their older bottles or has it changed?

thanks!
I'm guessing yes, but i don't know for sure, I'm not hugely familiar with waterman ink, which is a shame as they make nice inks

Cool review, nice ink (if you like purple inks) ... what was wrong with the original "Purple" name? I don't need cosy ink names!

My favorite Waterman ink is South Sea Blue (turqoise)
this ink would be good on a rainy night in with hot chocolate in front of the fire

I wish my handwriting was good enough to use a 'real ink' pen! I do currently use a waterman but a rollerball - now I need to find a purple refill.

How I wish I had paid more attention in handwriting class 35 years ago

No seriously! My scrawl is really bad lol, although I could do pretty pictures I guess! - is there such a thing as a beginners fountain pen? Sorry don't answer I'll search first then start a thread. Sorry OP

it's okay.. lots of beginner options out there, start a thread and we can help

Nice looking ink. I never would of guessed how much I like purple ink. I do not have this one, but do have 4 others...

Hijacker! Absolutely there are beginner FPs.

As for the Waterman, I have never tried one of their inks before but I may have to add it to the to-do list. Uh, not in purple. The Army frowns upon non-black inks!

Top Bottom