What's new

call back on blades

after awhile using murker blades. I went back to some of the samplers blades I had from the starter kit. Tried drbry, it sucks, threw it out. then tried black label crystal,, it's rough not smooth.. gave that to a pal of mine. tried red label persona, its ok will do it again with it. Feather, still be the best..

I heard those Merkur blades are terrible! But I liked those Personna Reds alot. They are a milder blade if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I heard those Merkur blades are terrible! But I liked those Personna Reds alot. They are a milder blade if I remember correctly.
merkur orange label is good. but not top line unlike feathers or astro sp. Once my merkur supply is done( 40 blades left) then going to astra sp or feathers

after awhile using murker blades. I went back to some of the samplers blades I had from the starter kit. Tried drbry, it sucks, threw it out. then tried black label crystal,, it's rough not smooth.. gave that to a former pal of mine. tried red label persona, its ok will do it again with it. Feather, still be the best..

There, fixed that for ya.

Still shaving my way through an extended sample pack from WCS. I don't seem to be able to rate them in order or anything; most of them are OK, and I know enough to get a good shave or two out of any blade.

But three so far have been miles above the average run of shad. Feather, Gillette Yellow 7 O'Clock, Astra SP. I keep going back to the Feather and the 7 O'Clock to retest, as I'm never quite sure. But the Astras have been so consistently good that I just bought 100.

There is nothing except scent that is more YMMV than blades.

Yep it is trail and error run to find the right blade. Murker blades gives me close 3 shaves before replaced. It is ok blade.Feathers gives me smoother and close to 4 shaves. Will be doing the great blade swap to see other blades like astras and 7 o clock can do.

Top Bottom