What's new

So I tried cella today.

And don't I have a nice BBS to show for it? Why yes I do, sir!

I put about a teaspoon size bit of water on the soap while in the shower, used moisturizer on my mug before hand.
Swirled with a fairly wet brush after dumping out the water on top of the soap.

I'm not sure if my lather was exactly perfect, but I haven't seen peaks so lovely since I (insert surfer joke here)...

Anyways. I whipped it into a frenzy in a bowl and added a few drops of water. I might post pics of the lather next time. But either way the result was fantastic.

One last thing. I feakin' love the smell of this stuff!!! I wish they had cella cologne!

In the first Rocky movie many people thought Sylvester Stallone was yelling "Stellaaaaa!" But I know he was really yelling "Cellaaaaaaaa!"

My first Cella shave is tomorrow morning, but if it's anything like the 3 (yes, three) test lathers I did, it'll be a great shave.

Curiously, I dragged Cella from the depths of my den for the first time in a long time today. I got a good shave, but, as is usual for me, I had to fight the soap a bit. Cella seems to have an extremely narrow sweet spot for me; I've taken to using distilled water, as I suspected my extremely hard tap water was possibly the cause for some of my lather problems, but that isn't the case. Lather was great for the first pass, but I got the disappearing lather act for subsequent passes (I went back to the soap to fix this problem). I really don't know what it is, but Cella and I just don't play together very well --- we merely tolerate each other.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Cella needs a little more loading and water than some of the current artisan soaps, that's why Marco came up with his method I suppose. But it produces a slick stable lather with an excellent post-shave feel. You don't have to soak it, grate it, put better soap on top of it, or anything, just load a little longer with a little wetter brush.

Cheers, Steve

In the first Rocky movie many people thought Sylvester Stallone was yelling "Stellaaaaa!" But I know he was really yelling "Cellaaaaaaaa!"

You are thinking of Marlon Brando in A Streetcar named Desire. And remember Cella is pronounced as a hard Ch (think Cheese), just like the instrument Cello.

Top Bottom