What's new

How the ladies are shaved in Japan....

Saw this in the window of a local hair salon....
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410996714.191905.jpg

It says "ladies' shaving."

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Women shave the face in Japan to get rid of the fine hairs that prevent a smooth foundation application, as well as cleaning up the hairline of stray hairs. I think the equivalent is the waxing of certain areas of the face in Western Cultures.

I've read that it was also done for exfoliation, although I don't know whether or not that's true.

I wonder if that could be in part, aside from tradition which is big in Japan, that they might not buy into the myth that our culture seems to be prone believing that shaving hair makes it grow back thicker.

Women shave the face in Japan to get rid of the fine hairs that prevent a smooth foundation application, as well as cleaning up the hairline of stray hairs. I think the equivalent is the waxing of certain areas of the face in Western Cultures.

Right. It was still a surprise walking past the hair salon and seeing that. Thought it'd be interesting to share here because it's straight razor related.

Top Bottom