What's new

Kanner's Slyde-Stroke Stropper

I am a true visitor to this subforum, or even the Straight Razor forum. I'm trying to help my barber who is quite a collector of all things shaving and barbering with some information on the Kanner's Slyde-Stroke Stropper. A customer just gave him one of these contraptions in excellent condition. I've learned some online about the 1912 patent and generally what it is.

proxy.php

I'm wondering what the straight razor and strop experts here in the community might know about when it was in use and how to actually use the darn thing. Does anyone know of an instruction guide or anything similar? Much thanks!

That's interesting. Never seen one before. Love the alliteration in the product name. Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

That thing has a lot of coolocity! I wonder if we put together a group buy if we can get the price down below $2.50?

:)

Brian

Way weird and cool! You should have see me and my barber trying to figure out what it was and after we suspected it was for a straight we tried to insert a straight and get it to work. Lucky we still have all oye appendages!

Update... I went back to my barber with new information. As I said before, I'm not a straight user and no nothing about stropping one. Even with the two of us working at it, it sure seemed like the contraption is more trouble than its worth. We suspect it was marketed to the home straight user as an "easy" strop!

Top Bottom