What's new

Newbie check-in from North Carolina

Hi all, I'm new to the world of the DE razor coming from decades of cartridge razor shaving. I'm a head shaver and enjoyed many years enjoying HeadBlade products. I was getting tired of the pricey cartridges and realized that more blades didn't equate to a better shaving experience. I actually have been quite happy with disposable Schick Extreme 3 for my head for the past year but I would only get 2 or 3 good shaves per razor.

Why DE now? Well, I was at the mall the other day and saw a store dedicated to shaving so I walked in looking to see what other creams I could try (I currently use L'Occitane Cade cream) and was shocked to see DE safety razors. The salesperson explained how DE safety razors not only give a better shave but they're more economical in the long run. After doing some research and learning about DE razor's resurgence I decided I'd try it. So I've got a Weishi that's scheduled to arrive today as well as a new badger hair brush and if all goes well over the next week my son will inherit the Weishi and I'll pick up an Edwin Jagger DE89.

Here's to a good shave!

Sonny

Congrats on your first shave. Is your son of shave age?..by the way, I was in Hendersonville North Carolina on business last week.

Hi i have just started DE shaving with soap and a brush about two weeks ago. When i was still activeduty Air force i had to shave every day befor work and it tore m face up. When i transphered from active duty to the NCAir national Guard i didnt have to shave as much so i just let it grow till it became anoying the i shaved it but my old rqzors would murder my face till a friend at work said that i should try a DE razor so he gave me one of his and a pack of fresh blades and i was hooked. Now i shave once a day some tes once every 2it is very relaxing for me and gives a great shave.

Hi i have just started DE shaving with soap and a brush about two weeks ago. When i was still activeduty Air force i had to shave every day befor work and it tore m face up. When i transphered from active duty to the NCAir national Guard i didnt have to shave as much so i just let it grow till it became anoying the i shaved it but my old rqzors would murder my face till a friend at work said that i should try a DE razor so he gave me one of his and a pack of fresh blades and i was hooked. Now i shave once a day some tes once every 2it is very relaxing for me and gives a great shave.
Thank you for your military service too. ..You should start a shave blog.

Top Bottom