What's new

30 Day Rule

I have heard of the 30-day Rule and have been wanting to do it for a long time but my million variety shave den keeps me distracted. There is a hint for newbies. :wink2:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nineteen minutes and one second? Congrats on your shortest video. :lol:

Good advice.

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. I think it's really all been said before, by guys more experienced than I. But there are new wet shavers all the time, and I thought it a good idea to do my best to point them to it again.

Thanks for watching, Kyle! Good luck on your wet shaving journey. Remember above everything else, make certain to enjoy!

I'm 14 days into DE shaving, and resisting the urge to break the 30 day rule so I can try:

• a different razor - my Dad's unknown safety razor, my Grandfather's Red Tip, a NEW long comb
  • a new blade type in my EJ 89 - been using Derby's
  • a different soap - I bought some Stirling soaps
  • a boar brush - I'm curious how it would lather compared to the badger brush I have

I am switching between the four Col. Conk glycerin soaps I purchased in a sampler pack, and I'm rotating through the Captain's Choice after shave sampler. I like a little variety in my daily routine!

I figure I'm only a newb once, so I'll just ride things out for another 16 days and not feel like I need to try everything at once. You got to have something to look forward to, right?

I don't even know what's what anymore. I keep switching stuff up and am more confused than ever. Tried TOBS grapefruit a few weeks ago, didn't like it. Didn't use it until this past Sunday and now I think it's great and probably the slickest cream I've tried. I also tried a gillette super platinum (indian black) for the first time today and probably had the most pain free shave yet, just when I had decided posilver si's were the best for me. I already placed an order for 100 polsilver blades last week, and am looking up the cost of buying the gillette super platinum's in bulk.

How could one ever keep things constant for 30 days?

Top Bottom