What's new

Backwoods Cigars

I've smoked Backwoods Honey Berry cigars for years. They used to come in a pack of 8 but now are sold in 5 packs. Back when there was 8 in a pack I'd almost always get 1 reject cigar(poorly rolled, hole in wrapper ect.) and for the price I didn't mind. Now with 5 in a pack it seems like I get 2 or 3 rejects in a pack. I do mind that. The website on the packaging doesn't work and I'm very leery of 1-800 numbers these days(got charged 25 bucks for calling a manufacturers 1-800 number last year).

I did a search and found that Backwoods is owned by [SIZE=-1]Altadis U.S.A. Inc. and I found this page http://www.altadisusadomesticcigars.com/index2.asp where I went to

http://www.altadisusadomesticcigars.com/contact.asp

and filled out the form and voiced my dissatisfaction in the comments section. It took about 3 days to get a response but they are sending me some free cigars that I should see in the mail in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

If anyone else smokes backwoods and has some of the same issues I've had I would ask that you file a complaint as I did. Worse case scenerio you get promotional coupons for cigars and best case scenario you get a free pack. Hopefully if enough people complain they will revise their quality control. Thanks for reading.

[/SIZE]

Always good to voice concerns about products you like. Companies like to keep satisfied customers, and it costs them almost nothing. I got a free case of salsa once to replace a few bottles I bought that were "off".

I'm getting old. It seems like everything is getting poorer quality and more expensive these days.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I smoke Backwoods when I want the Clint Eastwood look :biggrin: Seriously, they are not a bad smoke

At the present time I'm not interested in a pipe. Maybe in the future. I only smoke 2 packs of Backwoods a month. I used to smoke between 4 and 6 but then the rejects caused me to cut back. Probably a good thing BUT I still want to get what I'm paying for...5 smokable cigars in a pack.

A pipe does hold some interest for me but it seems like alot more work involved and I'm not keen on having to buy tobacco online. I also fear that keeping alot of tobacco on hand will result in me smoking too much.

Whenever I think about smoking a pipe I hear my grandfather saying, "Never hire a man that smokes a pipe. He already has a full time job."

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Whenever I think about smoking a pipe I hear my grandfather saying, "Never hire a man that smokes a pipe. He already has a full time job."
I like that quote, but now I have to figure out who to talk to about collecting all my back pay.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
At the present time I'm not interested in a pipe. Maybe in the future. I only smoke 2 packs of Backwoods a month. I used to smoke between 4 and 6 but then the rejects caused me to cut back. Probably a good thing BUT I still want to get what I'm paying for...5 smokable cigars in a pack.

A pipe does hold some interest for me but it seems like alot more work involved and I'm not keen on having to buy tobacco online. I also fear that keeping alot of tobacco on hand will result in me smoking too much.

I am a pipe smoker and laughed when I read that. Good humor has a root in truth :biggrin:

Backwoods cigars are rustic-looking and manly smokes. It’s made from all-natural tobacco with no homogenized apparatus. It has a pleasant aroma also.

I like to smoke backwoods on my back deck at night listening to my MP3 player. Relaxes me like almost nothing else these days.

Just received a package from Backwoods today. They sent me 4 packs of replacement cigars for my troubles with their product. It was 3 more than I expected.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just received a package from Backwoods today. They sent me 4 packs of replacement cigars for my troubles with their product. It was 3 more than I expected.

Production mistakes can happen, what matters is how companies handle the mistake. Sounds like they did a good job.

We used to spit a 8 pack back in the 1980's cause they were cheap and we loved Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson. We never had any QC issues back then.

I guess I'm on the mailing list now. Just received 4 coupons for backwoods today. Two for a dollar off a pack and two for a dollar-fifty off any two packs.

I'm very leery of 1-800 numbers these days(got charged 25 bucks for calling a manufacturers 1-800 number last year).

Any idea how that happened? It was billed through your phone bill?

The 9 is only one digit away and easily misdialed but I can't imagine not realizing you were talking to the wrong company.

In the future I guess you could call from a payphone, if you can find one...or a prepaid cell phone if you have one.

Have you ever tried a pipe? It could be cheaper, and you won't have the quality control issues.

Yeah, cheaper, he'll believe that, right?

Top Bottom